$4.15 Per Pound: Ground Beef Climbs to Another Record High

Geee

415-pound-ground-beef-climbs-another-record-highCNS News:

(CNSNews.com) – The average price for a pound of ground beef climbed to another record high -- $4.156 per pound -- in the United States in October, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In August, the average price for a pound of all types of ground beef topped $4 for the first time, hitting $4.013, said the BLS. In September, the average price jumped .083 cents to $4.096 per pound, an increase of 2.1 percent in one month.

In October, which is the latest data from the BLS, the average price for a pound of ground beef ($4.156) increased 1.4 percent from September.

A year ago, in October 2013, the average price for a pound of ground beef was $3.389 per pound. Since then, it has climbed 76.5 cents, or about 22.6 percent in one year.Scissors-32x32.png

Back in the 70's when meat prices skyrocketed I got a Cuisenart food processer for Christmas and started using it to grind my own beef. I used chuck, which was cheaper than ground beef. i wonder if it is now. Will have to check when I go food shopping tomorrow.