SCOTT WALKER: 'YOU HAVE TO BE CRAZY TO WANT TO BE PRESIDENT'

Geee

Scott-Walker-You-Have-to-Be-Crazy-to-Want-to-Be-PresidentBreitbart:

In an interview that aired on Milwaukee, WI FOX affiliate WITI on Sunday night, Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) downplayed his presidential ambitions and the possibilities of a run for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

Partial transcript as follows:

LOWE: Everything that you’re talking about would be ratcheted up 1,000 times if you ran for president.

WALKER: Other than maybe the president’s daughters, I don’t know of any other children of an elected official who have gone through the kind of scrutiny that Matt and Alex have the last couple of years.

LOWE: Do you have a sense that this is your moment? The closer you get to something like that, the more you realize — you have to be crazy to want to be president.

WALKER: To me, I’m not going to run just because of the pundits or anything else like that. The closer you get to something like that the more you realize — and I say this only half-jokingly — that you have to be crazy to want to be president. And anyone who has seen pictures of this president or any of the former presidents can see the before and after. No matter how fit, no matter how young they are, they age pretty rapidly when you look at their hair any everything else involved with it. Whether it’s two years, six years or 20 years from now — because I think of Hillary Clinton. I could run 20 years from now and still be about the same age as the former Secretary of State is right now. The only thing I think someone is sane should want to be president, or should run for president not because they want to be or yearn to be, but because they feel called to. Right now, I still feel called to be the governor of the state of Wisconsin, and I’m going to do the best job I can over the next four years.

• 1 month later...

Scott Walker just threw some amazing shade at Chris Christie over his Dallas Cowboy fandom
Team Fix
January 7 2015

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ® may not have decided whether he's running for president in 2016 but he's already acting like a candidate.

Witness this tweet he sent this morning:

B6wcJZcCQAA8HZ7.jpg
Governor Walker @GovWalker Follow

This is the type of owner I'll be looking to hug after a #Packers win on Sunday:

9:22 AM - 7 Jan 2015

(Snip)

Make no mistake that Walker knows what he is up to here. He's poking a potential rival -- even as he considers running for president. And it's not the first time he and Christie have clashed. At the end of the 2014 campaign, Walker dismissed the impact of a visit to his state by Christie who was, at the time, the chairman of the Republican Governors Association. Christie "is coming because he asked if he could come and we weren’t going to say no,” Walker said. “But we’re not looking for surrogates. The people that have been campaigning with me are by and large from Wisconsin.” Oomph.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Scott Walker: "Our Next President Should Be a Governor"

Oh, you don’t say!

In all seriousness, many conservatives will be taking a serious look at Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) in 2016. He’s effective, he’s conservative, and he knows how to put together winning coalitions. His most recent electoral romp, however, is an absolute game-changer -- and why wouldn’t it be?

He’s now won an impressive number of state-wide elections since 2010. Arguably, he’s the most despised Republican governor in America (on the Left). So what’s not to like?

But, dear reader, will he make the leap? Asked recently if he had once and for all quelled those rumors, he told Salem radio host Hugh Hewitt the following (via Truth Revolt):

“Oh, absolutely not. I mean, it’s one of those where I very much believe that our next president should be a governor. And I think you look at the mess in Washington, and you realize we need leaders from outside of our nation’s capital, and we need people who have been successful. And I think with what I’ve had to go through in the last four years, both politically, but also in terms of the policies, certainly I feel that there’s a reason God put me in a spot to do the things that we’ve done and take on the kind of challenges we’ve done. And it’s certainly something I’m going to take seriously, and really look at it closely over the next month or two.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2015/01/07/scott-walker-our-next-president-should-be-a-governor-n1939861

So the headline says you have to be crazy to want to be President (which I would agree with). So then is Walker crazy? If so is he qualified to be President? Sort of a catch-22 situation here.

• Like 1

SCOTT WALKER TO IOWA TO SPEAK AT FREEDOM SUMMIT

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will speak at the Iowa Freedom Summit at the end of January hosted by Rep. Steve King (R-IA) and Citizens United, Breitbart News has learned exclusively.

“Governor Walker looks forward to sharing the story of Wisconsin’s successful reforms and common sense message with grassroots conservatives,” Walker’s spokesman Tom Evenson told Breitbart News.

Citizens United president David Bossie added that he’s thrilled Walker will join the already impressive lineup of speakers.

“Congressman Steve King and I are thrilled Governor Scott Walker, a leading conservative voice, plans to attend the Iowa Freedom Summit,” Bossie said. “The Iowa Caucus is the first step for any conservative running for the Republican nomination and we are pleased Governor Walker appreciates and respects its importance.”

Walker, a potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate, has held off the left for years amid numerous attempts by Democrats to take him down. During his tenure as governor, he’s cut unemployment in Wisconsin substantially—it was 7.8 percent when he took office and it’s currently down to 5.2 percent. He cut taxes by $2 billion, including lowering property taxes in the state compared to their rise of 27 percent in Wisconsin in the decade before he took office. Taxpayers have saved an estimated $3 billion at the state and local level, too, thanks to Walker’s collective bargaining reforms—the catalyst which caused the institutional left, organized labor, and democrats to target him. He also froze tuition for all University of Wisconsin system students for two years and is aiming to do so again for another two years because of the system’s surplus.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/08/exclusive-scott-walker-to-iowa-to-speak-at-freedom-

summit/

NO NO People _ You can NOT have my governor!!!!!

Walker builds 2016 team with likely campaign manager

Peter Hamby, CNN

Thu January 8, 2015

(CNN)Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will launch a new political organization in the coming weeks and has tapped a national political strategist to serve as his campaign manager should he decide to run for president, multiple GOP sources told CNN.

Walker, who was sworn in to a second term in Madison this week, quietly brought on Rick Wiley, a former Republican National Committee political director and veteran of multiple presidential campaigns, about a month ago to build a political operation in advance of the 2016 race, the sources said.

Walker's moves are the latest in a swirl of recent activity from big-name Republicans eyeing a White House bid. Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum have all maneuvered quickly since the New Year to hire staff, court donors and remove potential obstacles to running.

(Snip)