Ryan Lizza On “The Inevitability Trap” Facing Hillary

Valin

ryan-lizza-inevitability-trap-facing-hillaryHugh Hewitt Show:

Hugh Hewitt

Monday, November 10, 2014

The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza opens today’s program, discussing his new piece “The Inevitability Trap.”

HH: I begin today with Ryan Lizza. Ryan is the chief Washington correspondent for The New Yorker, the cover of which is this rampaging elephant. I love the cover. But Ryan’s article is actually about Hillary Clinton and her inevitability problem. Ryan Lizza, welcome to the Hugh Hewitt Show.

RL: Hey, thanks for having me. I thought you’d like that cover.

HH: I love that cover. In fact, I think I’m going to frame that cover. But I loved your article as well, because if Hillary Clinton has an inevitability problem, the Republicans have got a shot at winning the White House.

RL: I think so. Now you know, I’m sure the people in the Hillary camp would say well, we’d rather have the inevitability problem than not have it, right? But yeah, I’d say look, it’s really hard. Republicans have a shot to win this in 2016. It’s hard to win a third term in politics. We all know that, and you know, you look at all these forecasting models that look at the fundamentals, and they always, you know, they give a few points off for the party that’s been, if you’ve been in power for two terms. Historically, it’s hard to pull a three-peat off, right?

(Snip)

Audio