Religious But Not Spiritual

Valin

?p=48912Shot In the Dark:

Mitch Berg

November 7, 2014

Joe Doakes from Como Park emails:

A nearby office has a student intern. She describes herself as a social liberal but fiscal conservative. She also believes women should have the right to abortion up to the point of viability because prior to that, the fetus is not a child and therefore is not entitled to the protection of law.

Even after all these years, I am continually astonished at how glibly supposedly educated people say ridiculous things.

(Snip)

If we call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? Four, because calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg. And calling a child a fetus doesn’t make it something other than what it is – a child. All liberals agree women should be allowed to kill their children, the question is when to stop: at quickening, twinning, trimester, viability, partial-birth, or any time up until its second birthday? But no liberal is willing to say that aloud in plain English. They don’t have the courage to admit to themselves the plain truth of their desires.

(Snip)

(Snip)

NOVEMBER 6, 2014
Who Will Rescue the Lost Sheep of the Lonely Revolution?

The-Shepherd-David_1895_Elizabeth-Jane-G

Forgive me, Lord, if I use your words for an admonitory parable. You said to the Pharisees, “What man among you, having a hundred sheep, and learning that one of them has wandered into the wilderness, will not leave the ninety nine and go after the lost sheep? And when he has found it, will he not call his friends and say, Rejoice with me, for I have found the sheep that was lost?”

That is why you came among us, to call sinners back to the fold. Not to pet and stroke them for being sinners, because that is what you mean by “lost,” and what you mean by “dead,” when you asked us to consider the young man who had wandered into the far country. The father in your parable wanted his son alive, not dead. The son said, “Father, I have sinned before heaven and you. Now I am not worthy to be called your son.” He spoke but the truth, and that truth set him free. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.crisismagazine.com/2014/will-rescue-lost-sheep-lonely-revolution