Why These 6 Senators Say Obama Is Risking a ‘Constitutional Crisis’ Over Amnesty

Geee

6-senators-say-obama-risking-constitutional-crisis-amnestyHeritage Foundation:

A group of Senate conservatives vowed to “use all procedural means necessary” to fight back against President Obama’s use of executive action to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.

Despite yesterday’s electoral losses, Obama is reportedly moving forward with an immigration plan before the end of the year. In a letter today to outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., the six senators expressed their concern over Obama’s vow to take executive action.

According to the letter, such action would “lawlessly grant amnesty to immigrants who have entered the country illegally.”

“This will create a constitutional crisis that demands action by Congress to restore the separation of powers,” wrote Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas; Mike Crapo, R-Idaho; Mike Lee, R-Utah; Pat Roberts, R-Kan.; Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.; and David Vitter, R-La.

According to The Washington Post, while the president was speaking at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Gala last month, he said:

“But if anybody wants to know where my heart is or whether I want to have this fight, let me put those questions to rest right now. I am not going to give up this fight until it gets done. … I want to make something clear: Fixing our broken immigration system is one more, big thing that we have to do and that we will do.”Scissors-32x32.png