Democrats Couldn't Escape Six Years Of Failure

Geee

110514-725123-even-running-from-obama-legacy-of-failure-couldnt-save-democrats.htmInvestors Business Daily:

The Duke of Wellington said of his close-run victory over Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo that the French "came on in the same old way, and we sent them back in the same old way."

Something like that happened to the Democrats in Tuesday's midterm elections, as they lost the Senate, a few more seats in the House and additional governorships. They came on with the same old strategy, and this time they went down with it.

Obama and the Democrats chose not to defend the administration's record of the last six years. On foreign policy, no Democratic chorus seconded Obama's 2013 claim that this chaotic period in world affairs has been the most stable time in recent memory.

No Democratic senator insisted that Obama's Russian reset had calmed Vladimir Putin.

Democrats did not argue that Obama had rightly distanced the U.S. from Israel.

Could Democratic candidates have pointed to the Middle East — the Iranian bomb-making efforts, the civil war in Syria, the collapse of post-surge Iraq, the rise of the Islamic State — to confirm Obama's diagnosis that these were mostly manageable problems?

On the home front, why didn't Democratic candidates run on their own prior overwhelming support for the Affordable Care Act, which passed without a single Republican vote?Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

At Waterloo, it was never quite clear whether Wellington's redcoats had won the battle or Napoleon's veterans had blown it. In the same manner, did the Republican agenda win on Tuesday, or did the predictable Democrats simply lose?

I don't know, and I don't care either.

Here's one of the reasons they can't escape.....they're held hostage on the Progressive Plantation. To leave is to die. To think about leaving is to be ostracized. Witness folly:

Brain Dead Dem Voters In Washington State Elect Dead Man…

http://weaselzippers.us/204587-brain-dead-dem-voters-in-washington-state-elect-dead-man/

In August, the Federal Way Mirror in Washington State said of their close 30th District state house election, “this race may be the most interesting to watch. Two good, smart candidates who know the issues and will run a very clean race.”

It was a race to watch, but not for the reason they predicted.

The incumbent Democratic state Rep. Roger Freeman — one of two black representatives in the state legislature — died at the end of October at the age of 48. Around 15 percent of the district’s voters had already mailed in their ballots, and at the end of Election night he had a six-point-lead over his Republican opponent, Jack Dovey.

WaPo via WeaselZippers

At Waterloo, it was never quite clear whether Wellington's redcoats had won the battle or Napoleon's veterans had blown it. In the same manner, did the Republican agenda win on Tuesday, or did the predictable Democrats simply lose?

@Cyber_Liberty

I know you don't care about Waterloo.....but it has it's valid analogy.

Napoleon split his French troops, trying to prevent support for the British from their mercenaries [Prussians?] and even though they were late to battle, the Prussians were able to smash the French flank.

It had rained hard the night before....and Napoleon had a difficult time moving his artillery & cavalry...while the British were able to arrive early, find a good defensive position & be in position sooner,

The other reason was that the "battle square" formations of the British...could not be broken by French cavalry.

Cyber_Liberty

@Cyber_Liberty

Napoleon split his French troops, trying to prevent support for the British from their mercenaries [Prussians?] and even though they were late to battle, the Prussians were able to smash the French flank.

It had rained hard the night before....and Napoleon had a difficult time moving his artillery & cavalry...while the British were able to arrive early, find a good defensive position & be in position sooner,

The other reason was that the "battle square" formations of the British...could not be broken by French cavalry.

I was talking about the question of, "Did the Reps do well or did the Dems just do poorly?" That's what I don't care about, really. I hadn't thought much about Napoleon and Wellington.

@Cyber_Liberty

I was talking about the question of, "Did the Reps do well or did the Dems just do poorly?" That's what I don't care about, really. I hadn't thought much about Napoleon and Wellington.

I've always liked History & Historical Fiction.

I started being interested in Waterloo, after watching Sean Bean in his, Sharpe, series. He played the leader of an Irish contingent of Wellington's forces....the 95th Rifles. Their claim to fame was firing 3-4 times in a minute...and hitting what they aimed at.....

Sharpe_%28DVD_box_set_-_cover_art%29.jpg

That being said.....Dem's rejecting Obama's policies....and.....Obama + his statement about "...his policies being on the ballot..." effectively split the party.

Joe Biden personally handed a victory to Pat Roberts by claiming the pseudo-independent Soros sponsored Orman would be voting with the Progs.

The battleground was muddied by the Progressive screed of racism, xenophobia & misogyny....allowing Republicans the chance to find the high ground & vote early.

The Conservative message could not be broken.

Cyber_Liberty

@Cyber_Liberty

I've always liked History & Historical Fiction.

That being said.....Dem's rejecting Obama's policies....and.....Obama + his statement about "...his policies being on the ballot..." effectively split the party.

Joe Biden personally handed a victory to Pat Roberts by claiming the pseudo-independent Soros sponsored Orman would be voting with the Progs.

The battleground was muddied by the Progressive screed of racism, xenophobia & misogyny....allowing Republicans the chance to find the high ground & vote early.

The Conservative message could not be broken.

I like your analysis.