Mitch McConnell Press Conference

Valin

senate-minority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-news-conferenceC-Span:

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell held a post-election news conference in the Chao Auditorium of the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville. He talked about his party’s gains in the midterm elections, and the agenda for the lame-duck session and the 114th Congress beginning in January 2015.

(Click On Link)

@Valin I watched Mitches press conference. It was good. O is having one now. So you don't have to listen, I will tell you what he is saying:

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah ------------------------------------- and he is saying it rather arrogantly , I might add.

@Valin I watched Mitches press conference. It was good. O is having one now. So you don't have to listen, I will tell you what he is saying:

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah ------------------------------------- and he is saying it rather arrogantly , I might add.

Ah @Geee You're The Best! I was going to watch it, but then Dieter (my evil twin) told me we were out of Bourbon, and we can't deal with him sober, so....

• Like 1

Ah @Geee You're The Best! I was going to watch it, but then Dieter (my evil twin) told me we were out of Bourbon, and we can't deal with him sober, so....

Funny you mention Bourbon... Obama said he would sit down anytime and have some Kentucky Bourbon with McConnell.

• Like 1

Arrogant Obama Has Learned Nothing

Last night as the country was absorbing the midterm election results, the New York Times reported that President Obama was “irritated” about the Democrats’ stunning defeat but that he did not consider the outcome to be a “repudiation” of himself or his administration. In response, some talking heads on the cable news networks suggested that given some time to reflect on events, he would take responsibility for a historic drubbing. They were wrong. When the president came out to face the public at his White House press conference this afternoon, it was clear that not only would he refuse to take blame for his party’s losses but was unchastened by the experience.

Though the press had wondered what adjective he would use to describe a defeat similar in magnitude to a 2010 midterm election that he dubbed a “shellacking,” his speech writers appeared not to have employed a thesaurus. The most he would say was that “Republicans had a good night.” But this unwillingness to acknowledge the magnitude of the outcome was merely the prelude to a lengthy display of presidential arrogance that made it clear he had no intention of taking the voters’ lack of confidence to heart or changing a thing about a presidency that the majority of Americans no longer regard favorably.

Rather than taking a page from Bill Clinton’s book and understanding that he had to adjust his policies and ideas to political reality, Obama seems to think he has no lessons to learn from the voters who broadly rejected the policies that he told us last month were on the ballot yesterday.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/11/05/arrogant-obama-has-learned-nothing-midterms/

Arrogant Obama Has Learned Nothing

Last night as the country was absorbing the midterm election results, the New York Times reported that President Obama was “irritated” about the Democrats’ stunning defeat but that he did not consider the outcome to be a “repudiation” of himself or his administration. In response, some talking heads on the cable news networks suggested that given some time to reflect on events, he would take responsibility for a historic drubbing. They were wrong. When the president came out to face the public at his White House press conference this afternoon, it was clear that not only would he refuse to take blame for his party’s losses but was unchastened by the experience.

Though the press had wondered what adjective he would use to describe a defeat similar in magnitude to a 2010 midterm election that he dubbed a “shellacking,” his speech writers appeared not to have employed a thesaurus. The most he would say was that “Republicans had a good night.” But this unwillingness to acknowledge the magnitude of the outcome was merely the prelude to a lengthy display of presidential arrogance that made it clear he had no intention of taking the voters’ lack of confidence to heart or changing a thing about a presidency that the majority of Americans no longer regard favorably.

Rather than taking a page from Bill Clinton’s book and understanding that he had to adjust his policies and ideas to political reality, Obama seems to think he has no lessons to learn from the voters who broadly rejected the policies that he told us last month were on the ballot yesterday.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/11/05/arrogant-obama-has-learned-nothing-midterms/

Has anything ever been his fault?

@Valin. I know the question was rhetorical, but I actually thought about it. I can't think of one thing that went wrong that he ever actually took responsibility for.

@Valin. I know the question was rhetorical, but I actually thought about it. I can't think of one thing that went wrong that he ever actually took responsibility for.

Must really wonderful to be as perfect as him. OTOH he is forced to deal with mere mortals, and that must be frustrating for him.

• Like 1

First Cut: 7 Polling and Elections Lessons From 2014 Yesterday and Tomorrow

By: Dan McLaughlin (Diary) | November 5th, 2014 at 05:24 PM

Well, Dear Readers, that went well. If you’re like me, you are probably a little sleep-deprived from a truly epic Election Night, and a detailed walk through the data will have to wait a bit (votes are still being counted, so margins of victory will be a bit of a moving target for the next week). But I have expended a lot of time and energy reading and analyzing polls for you these last six weeks, and a little bit of a victory lap is in order.

My final elections column predicted that Republicans would gain (net) 8 Senate seats and 2 Governorships, and at this writing we are at R+8 in the Senate (likely R+9 after the Louisiana runoff, with a theoretical but probably not real possibility that a recount flips Virginia to Ed Gillespie) and R+2 in the Governorships (they’re still counting votes in Alaska, but Sean Parnell seems to have joined Tom Corbett as the only GOP incumbents to lose). My guiding theory over the course of the campaign Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2014/11/05/polling-elections-lessons-2014-first-cut/