Life In Rep. Hillstrom’s District

Valin

2020-life-in-rep-hillstrom-s-district.htmlTrue North:

Mitch Berg

03 November 2014.

An activist with the Mali Marvin campaign (running against Deb Hillstrom in Brooklyn Center) provided an account on Facebook about the obstruction every Republican activist in a DFL town knows first-hand (included in full below):

DFL abuses exposed again: We’ve been out lit dropping the city. A number of the workers have said they were being followed and photographed so I decided to cover Hillstrom’s neighborhood personally. I didn’t want our people harassed again by these thugs. I didn’t notice being followed. When I went up to the door, put it in the storm door, and when I turned around was confronted by a guy who said he was with Hillstrom’s staff and was sore I put the lit on the door. He wanted to challenge me on that and my right to do that but I wasn’t taking any of it and pointed out that dropping lit is legal. But he was clearly mad about it. I went about dropping the rest of that block and moved to my next area a little bit south. Soon thereafter I was approached two separate times by different vehicles hunting me trying to get photos. After the second one came by in as many minutes I decided the situation was escalating and I dialed the 911 call. We’ve been alleging for some time that the City of Brooklyn Center police cover for the local elected officials and it took them over 48 hours to take the report (I only got it this morning). And they said no crime was committed (which we’ve heard from them quite a few times before). This will be great stuff for the troops. The cars involved all returned to “scene of the crime” which is apparently their campaign “war room.” I don’t think it is okay to chase down people in cars and confront them and try to deny people their constitutional rights or to intimidate or harass them for political purposes.

Does Representative Hillstrom know her people are intimidating the opposition on her behalf?

I think also it is hard to deny knowledge of stuff like this when it is coming out of people working in your own house.....(Snip)

(Snip)