Choosing A Responsible President

Draggingtree

choosing-a-responsible-presidentThe Federalist: Choosing A Responsible President

A republican leader, if willingly accountable

By David Corbin and Matt Parks NOVEMBER 3, 2014

Note: This is part of a series of essays examining the prospects for electing a republicanpresident in 2016 and ultimately reining in the modern imperial presidency through the lens of Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist essays on the executive branch.

Despite the frantic, even comical, protestations of Democratic congressional candidates, President Obama is right: his “policies” are on the ballot tomorrow.

There is no question that many people will be voting (or have already voted) as if the election were a referendum on the Obama presidency. But unfortunately this means less than it suggests. Ask yourself: How many of President Obama’s policies will change if Republicans win big? How many of his plans will be stymied?

We know he will make wholesale changes to the immigration system whatever the outcome. There are already reports of a deal with Iran designed to bypass the Senate’s treaty-making responsibilities. The trajectory of the war in Syria and Iraq seems to be completely independent of anything the Congress has said Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

An excellent article, as I've come to expect from The Federalist. I'm afraid the Founders did not anticipate a majority of the population being looters who are more than happy to elect irresponsible Presidents like Ohaha. "The people" are not a sufficient brake on the system if they are too busy plundering.

There is no question that many people will be voting (or have already voted) as if the election were a referendum on the Obama presidency. But unfortunately this means less than it suggests. Ask yourself: How many of President Obama’s policies will change if Republicans win big? How many of his plans will be stymied?

In regards to the next two years the question should be....how many of President Obama’s policies can change if Republicans win big? given the apparent fact this President 1. does not do compromises, 2 Has given up on actually governing 3. those still on his WH team are 2nd-3rd stringers.

In regards to the next two years the question should be....how many of President Obama’s policies can change if Republicans win big? given the apparent fact this President 1. does not do compromises, 2 Has given up on actually governing 3. those still on his WH team are 2nd-3rd stringers.

So, @Valin, are saying there is no need for Republicans to bother voting because there is no hope anyway? Surely not! I know, I know . . . we're all gonna die.

I would rather we focus, and do all we can, on at least damage control by conservatives to try and stem the tide of the current administration's agenda in the next two years. And there ARE numerous items which both conservatives and Obama want passed (and which Obama will sign), which the demented Harry Reid has held back just for spite.

I wish you to not inspire any one person to sit in their chair and not get out to vote! (Even if we're all gonna die.)

So, @Valin, are saying there is no need for Republicans to bother voting because there is no hope anyway? S

No, Just I would not expect too much of the next Congress...in the way of tangible results. I just get concerned that some people (from reading comments on various sites) seem to think the Obama agenda will be rolled back by next spring. Not gonna happen! I do expect the Republicans to fight. Force Obama and the democrats to defend what they have done in the last 6 years, by passing bills and putting them on Obama's desk.

• Like 2