Sally Kohn Shows How the ‘Liberals’ Got So Illiberal

Valin

sally-kohn-shows-how-the-liberals-got-so-illiberalThe Federalist:

Robert Tracinski

October 28, 2014

Just as I was writing about the importance of the right to be wrong, along comes The Daily Beast’s Sally Kohn to demonstrate exactly my point with a strident anthem of illiberal liberalism.

If gay marriage is “the end zone dance of the culture wars,” then Kohn spikes the football. “Don’t wanna marry everyone who are entitled to marry legally under the law? Then don’t run a wedding business.” Her premise is that the state has unlimited license to run your life unless you make a plea for some kind of special exemption. Judging from her column, all such pleas will be shot down with the dismissive decree that “the grounds for doing so are thin.”

The most chilling passage is this one: “It’s hard to argue that opposing marriage equality is a central tenet of Christianity when majorities of Christian voters support same-sex marriage.” My Christian colleagues will be surprised to discover that the tenets of their religion are now determined by public poll. But the real point of this is that Sally Kohn and her ilk now get to determine for you what your “legitimate” beliefs are.

What is interesting about Kohn’s piece is that it reveals the mechanism by which “liberals” have become systematically illiberal........(Snip)

• 5 months later...
Draggingtree
. @SallyKohn is a dishonest lackwit

By: streiff (Diary) | April 7th, 2015 at 11:00 AM

The key issue over the Indiana RFRA and the similar bill in Arkansas (as well as the bills currently in effect in about 30 other states) is pretty simple. Can someone use the force of law to compel you to either violate your religious beliefs or be punished. For all observant Christians, homosexual acts — not the sexual attraction per se — are sinful. Homosexuality is one of four sins that scripture describes as “crying out to Heaven for vengeance.” Few would argue that Scripture gives you the right to shun homosexuals but it does place upon you an affirmative obligation to not show public support for the act lest others might think it is acceptable. This is not news to anyone. A bank might very well choose to do business with a convicted embezzler but, rightfully, balk at hiring the embezzler. I only say this because the RFRA is being attacked as a way to refuse services to homosexuals when, in reality, it only says you don’t have to descend into depravity rather than lose your livelihood.Scissors-32x32.png

Enter the moronic Sally Kohn (@sallykohn) into the debate. Sally Kohn, to the surprise of no one who has seen her picture, is a lesbian.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2015/04/07/sallykohn-dishonest-lackwit/