THE COLLECTIVE SUICIDE OF CONSERVATIVE TALK-RADIO

Geee

the-collective-suicide-of-conservative-talk-radioHuman Events:

Conservative talk-radio is hurting. Liberals are gleefully circling the wagons, celebrating their adversary’s imminent demise, even as conservative talk-radio remains far more popular than liberal talk-radio.

Liberals think they know the reason for the decline: they believe that conservatism is on the decline, and that conservatives are so dispirited with the nation’s leftward drift that they’ve literally tuned out. Though there’s a smidgen of truth to that, it isn’t the answer. In truth, the real culprit might make liberals even happier; it will fuel the class envy they thrive upon.

Conservative talk-radio is in peril because of conservative greed—and not because of the greed of the millions of conservative faithful who’ve lent their hearts and minds and ears.

It’s no secret what’s happening. There’s simply too much advertising on conservative talk-radio. Year after year, it gets worse. Anytime I tune in, I land on a litany of commercials. Commercials, commercials, commercials. Yes, you need advertising to pay the bills, but this is way over-the-top. It’s unlistenable.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

@Geee

“They fill the show with junk!”

As is my want I turn on Hugh Hewitt last night...Ebola, I turn it off, and back on about 30 minutes later...Ebola....his has recently turned into all Ebola all the time. wallbash.gif

Evidently we are all going to die horrible deaths by Ebola...by a week from next Thursday....at the latest.

@Geee

As is my want I turn on Hugh Hewitt last night...Ebola, I turn it off, and back on about 30 minutes later...Ebola....his has recently turned into all Ebola all the time. wallbash.gif

Evidently we are all going to die horrible deaths by Ebola...by a week from next Thursday....at the latest.

Don't listen anymore. Just reading the news is depressing enough. I have Fox on mute most of the time, unless Mr G is here. He turns the volume on, then grouses about everything they sayrolleyes.gif I just don't listen, most of the time.

I still tune in Rush now and then. He continues to make sense to me.

Well, I don't think the article arguing about their point of view at all, just that they are at the point where there is practically more commercials than program.

I have to say that at one time, Rush was practically the only place where you could hear about the 'other side' and U so appreciated that. Today there are so many other places where you can do that and not have to listen to the same drum beat over and over. Some subjects -enough is enough- unless there is something new to report.

• Like 1

@Geee

Don't listen anymore. Just reading the news is depressing enough. I have Fox on mute most of the time, unless Mr G is here. He turns the volume on, then grouses about everything they sayrolleyes.gif I just don't listen, most of the time.

Bill Bennett's Morning In America is very good, and Hugh Hewitt is also good...except when he goes off on these tangents....Dennis Prager is also good. One thing you will notice, none of them are shouters....ranting and raving.

I still tune in Rush now and then. He continues to make sense to me.

When he's on point he's on. But when's plugging the Revere series too much or going off the deep end on some NFL issue - he ain't.