Second Possible Ebola Case Reported In Texas

clearvision

second-texas-ebola-frisco-patient_n_5954454.html:

A person who is said to have had contact with Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan was taken to the hospital after reporting feeling ill, the city of Frisco, Texas, announced Wednesday.

NBC Dallas-Fort Worth reported that the person showing symptoms is an employee of the Dallas County Sheriff's Office, and had been in the apartment Duncan was staying in before he was hospitalized Sept. 28. Duncan passed away Wednesday morning.

WFAA reported that the patient is Sgt. Michael Monnig, and that Monnig went into the apartment unit without wearing protective gear in order to have a quarantine order signed.Scissors-32x32.png

At 12:32 p.m. today, October 8, Frisco dispatch received a call from Care Now, 301 Main Street, regarding a patient exhibiting signs and symptoms of Ebola. The patient claims to have had contact with the Dallas ‘patient zero’. Frisco firefighter-paramedics are in the process of transporting the patient. They are also in the process of examining clinical staff and other facility patrons. That number other people impacted is unknown. No other information is confirmed, available at this time.Scissors-32x32.png

--------------------

OK, If he was on the watch list and/or knew he was exposed... WHY THE HELL did he just walk into a "CARE NOW" Clinic? Were the suspect contact list not told of a number to call or something?

Dallas County Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Monnig is awaiting Ebola testing results in Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas after showing up at a CareNow clinic in Frisco with possible symptoms of the virus.

Monnig, who lives in The Colony, had contact with family members of Thomas Eric Duncan, who died of Ebola on Wednesday morning. The deputy, over his objections, was sent without a HazMat suit inside the apartment where Duncan was staying.

Hopefully this is just Flu/stress but if someone wants to send me in to an apartment with an Ebola victim, I think it would be over far more than my objections.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Some Fortunate Facts about Ebola

By David Howden

Thursday, October 9th, 2014

With reporters of the Western World losing their heads over the outbreak of the Ebola virus, it’s helpful to put it in the context of other diseases.

This year roughly 8,000 West Africans have contracted the disease, mostly limited to just four countries (Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Guinea). Of these there are 3,866 confirmed deaths, for a mortality rate of a hair under 50%.

This might seem pretty serious, but as far as threats in West Africa, it’s really small potatoes.

Malaria is so common that in these countries that it is almost a rite of passage. Last year there were about 1 million cases reported in the four aforementioned countries. Of these around 15,000 people died. The mortality rate of 1.5% might not be high by Ebola standards, but in terms of gross numbers there is no comparison.

Ebola seems to be a big deal because it is not a virus that is present in general life. While malaria is a continual threat, outbreaks of Ebola happen only every so often. (There have been 14 since 2000, Scissors-32x32.png

http://bastiat.mises.org/?p=12492

Draggingtree

The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse as named in Revelation are Conquest, War, Famine, and Death

The Fourth Horseman has Arrived

By Alan Caruba October 9, 2014

CARUBA100914.jpg

“I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.” – Revelation 6:8

The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse as named in Revelation are Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.

It is an apt metaphor for what is occurring in America today. Ebola is now raging in several African nations, Liberia, Sierra Leon, Guinea, and Nigeria.

On September 30 the first African to make it to the U.S. with Ebola was identified. By October 8 he was dead. Ebola has arrived and, despite everything that the various agencies of the Obama Administration are telling us— Scissors-32x32.png

Some Fortunate Facts about Ebola

By David Howden

Thursday, October 9th, 2014

With reporters of the Western World losing their heads over the outbreak of the Ebola virus, it’s helpful to put it in the context of other diseases.

This year roughly 8,000 West Africans have contracted the disease, mostly limited to just four countries (Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Guinea). Of these there are 3,866 confirmed deaths, for a mortality rate of a hair under 50%.

This might seem pretty serious, but as far as threats in West Africa, it’s really small potatoes.

Malaria is so common that in these countries that it is almost a rite of passage. Last year there were about 1 million cases reported in the four aforementioned countries. Of these around 15,000 people died. The mortality rate of 1.5% might not be high by Ebola standards, but in terms of gross numbers there is no comparison.

Ebola seems to be a big deal because it is not a virus that is present in general life. While malaria is a continual threat, outbreaks of Ebola happen only every so often. (There have been 14 since 2000, Scissors-32x32.png

http://bastiat.mises.org/?p=12492

(Off topic)

Memo to those who don't like the modern technological civilization we live in, and want to "get in touch with our mother the earth". Nature is a bitch and will kill you given half a chance!

(On Topic)

One day we will get a world wide pandemic, make no mistake (see the above comment), but I don't think this is it. Ebola does make for great scarey headlines, and gives politicians and our betters to pretend they are really doing something.

• Like 3

Minnesota is still 100% ebola free.

I'm not so sure about that. I think they ought to put you in isolation for 21 days just to be sure tongue.png

Minnesota is still 100% ebola free.

I'm not so sure about that. I think they ought to put you in isolation for 21 days just to be sure tongue.png

DATING%20SIDE%20Naughty%20nurse.jpg

Yes Nurse. smile.png

• Like 1