THE LIBERAL RELIGION OF ‘TOLERANCE’

Geee

the-liberal-religion-of-toleranceHuman Events:

I’ve said it before, and I’m hardly alone. Many have observed it. Liberals revere tolerance. They practically worship it. It’s like a religion to them. Well, now comes a study that supports the point.

A new survey by Pew Research finds that when it comes to teaching children, liberals place a far higher priority on teaching “tolerance” than teaching religion. That liberals do this in schools is abundantly clear, but they apparently do it in their homes as well.

In this, Pew finds, liberals are the opposite of conservatives. “The starkest ideological differences [between liberals and conservatives] are over the importance of teaching religious faith,” reports Pew. “Among those who have consistently conservative attitudes across a range of political values, 81 percent think it is especially important for children to be taught religious faith…. Among those with consistently liberal views, just 26 percent rate the teaching of religious faith as especially important, and only 11 percent regard it as among the most important child-rearing qualities.”

Moreover, finds the survey, a staggering 88 percent of “consistently liberal” Americans list tolerance as their most important value in teaching their children.Scissors-32x32.png

• 2 months later...

@Geee

Well than depends on what is meant by tolerance, and who's ideas are being tolerated.

More 'Tolerance' From Stalinist Universities

David Limbaugh

Dec 19, 2014

Honestly, sometimes leftist thought police surprise even me, not so much with their unreasonableness, extremism and tyrannical tactics but with their brazenness in openly showing who they are. Each new day's headlines trump yesterday's.

A few weeks ago, Fox News' Todd Starnes reported on a Marquette University student's encounter with his ethics instructor. The professor, Cheryl Abbate, was leading her "Theory of Ethics" class in a discussion about the application of philosophical theories to controversial political issues.

Among the issues listed on the blackboard were gay rights, gun rights and the death penalty. Professor Abbate removed gay rights from the list before the discussion began, with the summary explanation, "We all agree on this."

(Snip)

Marquette professor John McAdams learned about the incident and expressed his strong disapproval on his blog, Marquette Warrior. McAdams wrote: "Like the rest of academia, Marquette is less and less a real university. And when gay marriage cannot be discussed, certainly not a Catholic university."

Boy, did McAdams step in it. It's not just university students whose speech is suppressed there. On Dec. 16, McAdams received a letter from the dean relieving him of his teaching duties, saying he was under investigation and banned from campus.

To get a flavor of the terse three-paragraph letter, take a look at the first sentence of the final paragraph from Dean Richard C. Holz: "You are to remain off campus during this time, and should you need to come to campus, you are to contact me in writing beforehand to explain the purpose of your visit, to obtain my consent and to make appropriate arrangements for that visit."

(Snip)

Tolerance, diversity, justice...

Bumper sticker buzzwords that set me off these days... vague concepts viewed as a religion by mindless liberals.

coexist.jpg

cs002---celebrate-diversity-in-symbols-r

jj232.jpg
s106_sow_the_seeds_of_peace_and_justice_

Tolerance, diversity, justice...

Bumper sticker buzzwords that set me off these days... vague concepts viewed as a religion by mindless liberals.

coexist.jpg

s106_sow_the_seeds_of_peace_and_justice_

The problem is what do you do with those who don't want to coexist in peace with others? This what they don't understand ‎Ayman al-Zawahiri & Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi have no interest in coexisting with anyone who doesn't agree with them 100%.

The problem is what do you do with those who don't want to coexist in peace with others? This what they don't understand ‎Ayman al-Zawahiri & Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi have no interest in coexisting with anyone who doesn't agree with them 100%.

Most of the folks that sport these stickers are attempting to aim their message at Christians.... ie, "Don't discriminate against muslims you hate filled bigots."

Their ingrained liberal dogma overrides everything that they see happening in the world today... and common sense. This is confirmed by the other stickers that you usually see on the same vehicles.

Not sure ISIS or even many mosques... either here or abroad are too welcoming to gay marriage ceremonies.

• Like 1