Catholic League and Pro-Life Group Won’t March in St. Patrick Parade But Gay Group Will

Geee

catholic-league-and-pro-life-group-won-t-march-st-patrick-parade-gayCNS News:

CNSNews.com) – Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, said he will not march in the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City because he was repeatedly misled by parade committee officials that a pro-life group would be allowed to march, along with a pro-gay contingent, as part of an alleged rules change agreement.

“My reasons for withdrawing from the parade have nothing to do with Cardinal Dolan or with gays,” said Donohue in a Sept. 11 statement. “It has to do with being betrayed by the parade committee. They not only told me one thing, and did another, they decided to include a gay group that is neither Catholic nor Irish while stiffing pro-life Catholics. This is as stunning as it is indefensible.”

The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City has taken place nearly every year, on the feast day of St. Patrick (Mar. 17), since 1762. Although the Ancient Order of Hibernians ran the parade for many years, control was handed over to an independent committee in 1994.Scissors-32x32.png

The Vine September 15, 2014

By: Breeanne Howe (Diary) | September 15th, 2014 at 04:01 PM

Welcome to The Vine, where every week I strive to bring you updates from around the pro-life community to help you keep up with the ever constant battle to save lives. If you aren’t plugged-in, it is my sincere hope that The Vine will allow you to get familiar with those on the front lines and find your place among them.

One of the best things about working in the pro-life movement is all the stories. Yes there is tragedy, but there is also so much hope, so much inspiration, and amazing displays of strength that all lend themselves to help us keep Scissors-32x32.pnggoing.http://www.redstate.com/2014/09/15/vine-18/