Execution Watch

Draggingtree

Lisa Coleman Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm Execution ew_140917_180000.jpgReceived an execution date after the U.S. Supreme Court refused in February 2014 to review her appeal. She was convicted of having a role in the 2004 death of her live-in girlfriend's son near Fort Worth. The girlfriend, Marcella Williams, who was 14 when she had the child, was also charged with capital murder but pleaded guilty in exchange for a life sentence. The death of the 9-year-old was among the cases cited when the Legislature passed a bill in 2005 overhauling the state’s protective services agencies.

Lisa Ann COLEMAN

lisa-coleman.jpg

Classification: Murderer Characteristics: Child abuse - Torture Number of victims: 1 Date of murder: July 26, 2004 Date of birth: October 6, 1975 Victim profile: Davontae Williams, 9 (her girl lover's son) Method of murder: Intentionally starved to death Location: Tarrant County, Texas, USA Status: Sentenced to death on June 22, 2006
Name
TDCJ Number
Date of Birth
Coleman, Lisa 999511 10/06/1975
Date Received
Age (when Received)
Education Level
06/22/2006 30 10
Date of Offense
Age (at the Offense)
County
07/26/2004 28 Tarrant
Race
Black Female Black
Height
Weight
Eye Color
5 ft 03 in 189 Brown
Native County
Native State
Prior Occupation
Tarrant Texas Laborer
Prior Prison Record

TDCJ #667321 on a five year sentence for possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance from Tarrant County. TDCJ #1002130 on a two year sentence for burglary of a habitation from Tarrant County.

Summary of incident

On July 26, 2004 in Tarrant County, authorities were called to Coleman's residence where they found a nine year old black male deceased. An autopsy of victim concluded that the child was severely malnourished and underweight. Coleman and co-defendant were found to have restrained the child over a period of time depriving him of food.

Co-defendants
Marcella Williams
Race and Gender of Victim
Black Male

HEIGHTEN THE CONTRADICTIONS

by Gabriel Rossman

08/05/2014

Suppose that party A habitually engages in actions that party B finds morally offensive. Party B then finds various ways to obstruct this offensive action, but only partially, so the effect is to make the action more dangerous, but not impossible. Party A continues with the (now more dangerous) course of action and predictably problems ensue. Who is morally at fault? Or more to the point, who receives blame and is the ensuing policy push to prohibit A from engaging in the offensive action or instead for B to cease obstructing and switch to accomodation and harm reduction?

For instance, if I am morally opposed to clear-cutting an old growth forest and so I spike the trees, but it gets logged anyway and some lumberjack get injured or killed, who is at fault: Me or the loggers?

Well, as in so many things, I think who you blame ultimately comes down to confirmation bias and we can see this play out in a few recent incidents.

Over the last months there has been a great deal of outrage over botched executions in Oklahoma, Ohio, and Arizona in which the executions did not go as planned and in at least one of the three cases the condemned suffered prolonged excruciating pain.Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://theamericanscene.com/2014/08/05/heighten-the-contradictions

For instance, if I am morally opposed to clear-cutting an old growth forest and so I spike the trees, but it gets logged anyway and some lumberjack get injured or killed, who is at fault: Me or the loggers?

It's been said: The government is really good at breaking your legs, then giving you crutches. As you get around, they'll remind you (repeatedly) that you have them to thank for your ability to walk. If your legs heal, they'll break them again....

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Court to rule on lethal-injection protocol

By Lyle Denniston on Jan 23, 2015 at 4:23 pm

The Supreme Court agreed on Friday afternoon to hear the appeal of three Oklahoma death-row inmates who are challenging the three-drug protocol the state now uses for executions. The Court on January 15 had refused, by a five-to-four vote , to grant delays of the inmates’ executions, and one of them was put to death that night.

Even while agreeing to hear the case, the Justices took no action — at least not immediately — to put off any of the execution dates for the three men still involved in the case. The next such date is next Thursday. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.scotusblog.com/2015/01/court-to-rule-on-lethal-injection-protocols/