Obama: Copping Out and Checking Out

Draggingtree

obama_copping_out_and_checking_out.htmlAmerican Thinker:

September 10, 2014

Obama: Copping Out and Checking Out

By Ed Lasky

Years ago, a trustworthy friend told me a story about then-state senator Barack Obama and himself. Both were members of the East Bank Athletic Club -- a ritzy health club miles and a lot of money away from Barack Obama’s district and church -- a private club for the 1%. Pickup basketball games were quite common. Obama often liked to play basketball, a sport where his height would seemingly give him an edge. My friend is taller than Obama, however, and often blocked Obama’ shots-embarrassing him (Obama is not a good basketball player anyway, going 2 for 22 shooting free throws while playing hoops with kids; 2 for 22 sounds about right for his record as president).

Eventually, every time he tried to play in a game against Obama, Barack would find a reason to leave -- offering a range of excuses: his wife, social plans, a meeting to attend, a pre-existing commitment. When Obama announced his presidency my friend confided in me he thought that Barack Obama would make a bad president. Scissors-32x32.png