ROSEMARY LEHMBERG ON THE WARPATH: FIRST RICK PERRY, NOW WALLACE HALL

Geee

rosemary-lehmberg-warpath-first-rick-perry-now-wallace-hallAmerican Spectator:

The Travis County District Attorney’s office is doubling down on the widely mocked legal theories used to indict Governor Rick Perry.

Rosemary Lehmberg’s office is now trying to get a grand jury to indict another prominent Texas conservative on the exact same charge—abuse of official capacity. The cases have nothing in common, other than a shameless and blackhearted prosecutor who has discovered a vague paragraph in state law that lets her bring charges against any Republican she wants for just about any reason.

There is a slight check on that power—a grand jury—but the juries in heavily Democratic Travis County have shown little inclination to check her abuses. Instead, they end up offering her insulation from the lawsuits and disbarment she deserves for her malicious prosecutions.

When Perry was indicted, I pointed out that the charge was so expansive it could make whistleblowing a crime, and now the most infamous drunk in Texas is proving me right by seeking charges against the state’s most famous whistleblower, Wallace Hall.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Prosecutor says Perry makes 'mockery' of system BY PEGGY FIKAC : SEPTEMBER 23, 2014

AUSTIN — The special prosecutor in the criminal case against Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday that Perry is asking for “special favors” and that his activities are making a mockery of the justice system.

“I don't think there's any reason why Mr. Perry should be treated any differently from any other citizen who's required to be in court,” special prosecutor Michael McCrum said of a request by Perry's lawyers that he be allowed to skip a pre-trial hearing.“He's asking for special favors, and as far as I'm concerned, he's not entitled to it,” said McCrum, a San Antonio lawyer.

McCrum added, “I've never seen a defendant make such a mockery of our system of justice.” He pointed to Perry having a rally at the courthouse when he was booked and citing him “smirking.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Prosecutor-says-Perry-makes-mockery-of-system-5775821.php