Republican Senator Calls for A National Convention – Time to Bust the Gridlock

Draggingtree

republican-senator-calls-national-convention-time-bust-gridlockRedState: Republican Senator Calls for A National Convention – Time to Bust the Gridlock This, could be fun

By: tngal (Diary) | September 3rd, 2014 at 05:00 PM

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn ® is retiring in a few months but he’s not backing out of politics. He’s going for the brass ring. According to info up at The Hill, he will push to change the Constitution, or at least a part of , to pull back some of the power that’s been heaped on the executive branch of government and return it to Congress.

“I think we ought to have a balanced budget amendment, I think we ought to have term limits. I think we ought to put a chokehold on regulation and re-establish the powers of the Congress,” he said. Scissors-32x32.png

Sen. Coburn: Let’s change Constitution

Sen. Tom Coburn is pushing for a national convention to amend the Constitution. The Oklahoma ... no chance of passing and is primarily designed to motivate Democratic donors. Tom Coburn Share on Twitter ... a convention of the states. Senate Democrats, led by Sen. Tom Udall (N.M.), are trying use the traditional path ...Scissors-32x32.png

09/03/2014 http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/216469-sen-coburn-lets-change-constitution