WINOOSKI, VERMONT AND THE DISMANTLING OF AMERICA’S VALUES

Geee

winooski-vermont-and-the-dismantling-of-americas-valuesDennis Prager:

As a talk show host, I have no choice but to keep up with what’s happening in America and the world. I am therefore submerged in depressing and often angering fare.

It is hard to read about and discuss the progressives who dominate American media and academia who morally equate Israel and Hamas; who describe America — the most tolerant multi-ethnic country in the world — as racist; and who characterize American universities as a “rape culture.”

But there was a barely reported story that came out of a small city in Vermont last week that, for reasons to be explained, really got to me. The story isn’t comparable to the beheading of innocent people or as dramatic as the rioting in Ferguson, Missouri. But if it typifies what is happening in America, it is difficult not to be pessimistic about America’s future.

The facts of the story are not in dispute.

As reported in the Burlington Free Press, a restaurant in the town of Winooski, Vermont, population 7,000, “removed a sign reading ‘Yield for Sneakers Bacon’ from a garden at the Winooski Rotary.”Scissors-32x32.png