AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1

Valin

afp-defending-the-dream-summit-day-1Hot Air:

Ed Morrissey

August 29, 2014

Originally, I planned on doing morning radio shows all week at the Minnesota State Fair for AM 1280 The Patriot, but the opportunity to cover AFP’s Defending the Dream Summit 2014 was too good to pass up. I flew to Dallas yesterday afternoon and will be at the Omni Hotel for both days of the event, covering the various talks and speeches – and there is plenty of great topics and speakers to cover. They will have some live streaming for those who could not make it, but Guy Benson and I heard that over 3,000 people will be on hand for this event, making it AFP’s biggest event ever.

The main action will come in the afternoon. Governor Rick Perry will speak, as will Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn and Senator Rand Paul. Dr. Ben Carson, a favorite of the grassroots, will also be on hand today, as will be AEI president Arthur Brooks. All of these speeches will take place between 1:30-4:30 CT.

In the morning, conference attendees will have a wide range of choices in three breakout sessions. The agenda is live at the above link, but I’ll probably attend these today:

(Snip)

Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry
posted at 7:21 pm on August 29, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Earlier this afternoon, I met with Governor Rick Perry for an exclusive interview immediately after his speech at AFP’s Defending the Dream Summit in Dallas. The speech itself was very well received by the 3000-plus attendees, who gave the governor a standing ovation as he came off the stage. As he went into the meeting room, a woman whom Perry knows congratulated him and pledged that she will work for her campaign in 2016, at which Perry embraced her and smiled. The good mood continued when we sat down to do the pre-arranged interview, which actually started just before the video does, thanks to a brief technical issue that got resolved.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have been looking for other Vids from this. so far no joy.

• 11 months later...