Benghazi chairman says probe should end in '15

Geee

216223-gowdy-benghazi-probe-should-be-over-by-end-of-2015The Hill:

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chairman of the House select committee on the Benghazi attacks, says the panel's work should be done by the end of 2015, according to a report.

"Assuming cooperation from agencies, witnesses and the administration," Gowdy told the New York Times, the committee should have concluded its investigation before 2016.

The timeline is relevant because Democrats say the committee is looking to tarnish Hillary Clinton, who was secretary of state during the attacks, and the closer the investigation gets to the presidential election, the more damage it could do.

The Benghazi committee made headlines in May, when it was created, but has been quiet since then. It is set to hold its first public hearing in September, though Gowdy has said he is not looking for the spotlight.

“If you want to get on the news, then go rob a bank,” Gowdy told ABC News earlier this month.

Gowdy also said that he is getting along well with the committee's top Democrat, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.). Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2

Cyber_Liberty

"Assuming cooperation from agencies, witnesses and the administration," Gowdy told the New York Times, the committee should have concluded its investigation before 2016.

I read this 15 minutes ago, and I'm still laughing. LMFAO.gif

• Like 2

I read this 15 minutes ago, and I'm still laughing. LMFAO.gif

It should be a great show next month.

Here comes Benghazi, The Investigation

September 2, 2014

From The Washington Times:

The 13th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks is nine days off, bringing a certain disquiet to the nation, along with newly realized resolve. Recent polls consistently reveal a public that is more hawk than dove; Americans approve of airstrikes against Islamic State fighters, while majorities say the Obama administration’s approach to the challenge is not aggressive enough.

The second anniversary of the Benghazi attacks also looms. A special investigation of those fatal events led by Rep. Trey Gowdy begins soon after Congress returns at high noon on Thursday. The South Carolina Republican expects the proceedings to conclude in 2015.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/1/inside-the-beltway-here-comes-benghazi-the-investi/

9/5/2014

Filed under: General — Dana @ 6:30 am

[guest post by Dana]

Adding another layer to the Benghazi story, three U.S. Security Team members claim they were told to stand down and wait on that fateful night.

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

“Five minutes, we’re ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we’re ready to go.”

But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”

“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘HeyScissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2014/09/05/u-s-security-team-in-benghazi-told-stand-down-you-need-to-wait/