Calls for Israel to 'Use US, EU Flight Bans to its Advantage'

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
183393#.U9T8MWNeK5UIsrael National News:

Calls for Israel to 'Use US, EU Flight Bans to its Advantage'

Dr. Aryeh Bachrach has a novel way to deal with the flight bans declared last week by US and EU authorities.

By Yaakov Levi First Publish: 7/27/2014, 3:48 PM

Dr. Aryeh Bachrach, a leader of the Almagor terror victims' organization who himself lost a son in a terrorist attack, said that Israel could use the flight ban to Israel by American and European airlines to its advantage. Speaking to Arutz Sheva, Bachrach said that if the opportunity were to arise again, with US and EU authorities telling airlines not to fly to Israelbecause of the danger of Hamas rocket attacks, Israel should, instead of seeking ways to convince the officials that there was no danger in flying to Israel, adopt their point of view.

“When the announcement of the flight ban was made, Israel went out of its way to beg American and European authorities to rescind it, and when former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg came to Israel to 'prove' how safe it is, the government was overjoyed,” said Bachrach.Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

I disagree with this bit FTA:

“Israel should have said that there is only one solution – either bringing about the total surrender of Hamas, or putting it into a position where it would be for a cease-fire. Either way, the terror group would no longer pose a threat to Israel.”

Wrong: Hamas has participated in countless "cease-fires." Only total surrender or total annihilation will get the job done. And I'm not sure I'd trust a surrender.

Draggingtree

I disagree with this bit FTA:

“Israel should have said that there is only one solution – either bringing about the total surrender of Hamas, or putting it into a position where it would be for a cease-fire. Either way, the terror group would no longer pose a threat to Israel.”

Wrong: Hamas has participated in countless "cease-fires." Only total surrender or total annihilation will get the job done. And I'm not sure I'd trust a surrender.

You are correct about total annihilation, but this article is talking about the flight ban.

• Like 2