DOJ official testifies agency taking closer look at how Lois Lerner's IRS emails were lost

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
doj-official-testifies-dept-is-taking-missing-irs-emails-seriously-asks-forFox News:

WASHINGTON – A top Justice Department official testified Thursday that his agency is investigating the disappearance of former IRS official Lois Lerner’s missing emails as part of a broader criminal probe into allegations the federal agency unfairly targeted conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole testified before a House oversight committee that the Department of Justice is taking a closer look at how some of Lerner’s emails disappeared – a new area of inquiry for the DOJ.

“I can tell you the investigation includes investigating the circumstances of the lost emails from Ms. Lerner’s computer,” Cole said during his opening statement.

He also acknowledged that both the DOJ and Federal Bureau of Investigation were taking the matter seriously, but said it was a lengthy process.

“While I know you are frustrated by the fact that I cannot at this time disclose any specifics about the investigation, I do pledge to you that when our investigation is completed we will provide Congress with detailed information about the facts we uncovered and the conclusions we reached in this matter,” he said.

Not everyone bought his plea for patience.

________

Eric Holder tries to look like he's doing his job...