Obama: Dancing Barefoot on the Embers

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
obama_dancing_barefoot_on_the_embers.htmlAmerican Thinker:

July 12, 2014

By James Lewis

I can remember several times when Obama just started to laugh in public at various disasters triggered by his policies.

Happy laughter now seems to be the official White House reaction to domestic and international chaos and human suffering. You could call it leading with Obama’s big strength -- a great smile on TV -- while avoiding th

worst of his weaknesses -- his inability to actually solve anything.

About a year ago when painfully high black unemployment figures were mentioned, especially among young black men, Obama gave a happy smile in response. Then when “NATO” (i.e., the U.S.) started to bomb and overthrow the stabilizing regime of Gadaffi in Libya in a plot to arm Syria’s Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Our Petty, Psychologically Infirm President —Ace

Peggy Noonan:

No one's in charge! No one is taking responsibility. No one who wants to help has authority, and no one with authority is helping.

The president of course has rushed to the scene--to go, as always, to fundraisers. This is at the moment a scandal, but why? Clever people say it's an unforced error.

He has to show he cares! He ought to journey to an overwhelmed border area, stand there and point to the middle distance as a local official in a hopefully picturesque hat briefs him. It's almost touching how much the press wants to see this.

But why? Why do they want to see the president enact a degree of alarm he clearly does not feel?

For a quarter-century I have been puzzled by the press's emphasis on "optics," their stupid word--actually it is a consultants' word they've lamely adopted--—for how things look as opposed to how they are. Their criticism comes down to a complaint they're not being manipulated well enough. It is a strange complaint. Scissors-32x32.png

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/350416.php

obama_dancing_barefoot_on_the_embers.html:

July 12, 2014

By James Lewis

I can remember several times when Obama just started to laugh in public at various disasters triggered by his policies.

Happy laughter now seems to be the official White House reaction to domestic and international chaos and human suffering. You could call it leading with Obama’s big strength -- a great smile on TV -- while avoiding th

About a year ago when painfully high black unemployment figures were mentioned, especially among young black men, Obama gave a happy smile in response. Then when “NATO” (i.e., the U.S.) started to bomb and overthrow the stabilizing regime of Gadaffi in Libya in a plot to arm Syria’s Scissors-32x32.png

"...nasty, devilish streak, part of his oppositional-defiant disorder."

"inappropriate laughter"

It's getting scarier and scarier.

Draggingtree

obama_dancing_barefoot_on_the_embers.html:

July 12, 2014

By James Lewis

"...nasty, devilish streak, part of his oppositional-defiant disorder."

"inappropriate laughter"

It's getting scarier and scarier.

Honestly, I think he’s not all there.