GOP Rep: I Think Romney ‘Will Be The Next President Of The United States’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
gop-rep-i-think-romney-will-be-the-next-president-of-the-united-statesCBS Washington:

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — Despite his continuous denials, some still believe that Mitt Romney will run for president in 2016.

Speaking to MSNBC on Monday, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, went one step further saying that the former Massachusetts governor will be occupying the White House after the next presidential election.

“I think he actually is going to run for president. He probably doesn’t want me to say that. A hundred times he says he’s not, but Mitt Romney has always accomplished what he has set out to do,” Chaffetz told MSNBC. “I think he’s proven right on a lot of stuff. I happen to be in the camp that thinks that he’s actually going to run and I think he will be the next president of the United States.”

A recent poll from Quinnipiac University found that 45 percent of American voters believed the U.S. would have been better off with Romney as president, compared to 38 percent who stated the U.S. would be in worse shape. The same poll also found that 33 percent of voters believe President Barack Obama is the worst president since 1945.

Romney was in New Hampshire last week, campaigning for Republican Senate candidate Scott Brown.

Romney insisted he would not pursue a third White House bid but called on voters to punish Obama by giving Republicans the Senate majority this fall.

“I know that the president is not on the ballot this November, but the people of New Hampshire have a chance to vote on what they think about the president’s agenda,” Romney told hundreds of people who showed up at the rally.

The day was supposed to be focused on Brown’s quest to defeat Sen. Jeanne Shaheen this fall, part of a larger Republican push to pick up the six seats needed to claim the Senate majority for the final two years of Obama’s presidency. But Romney’s return to the state where he began and ended his last presidential campaign loomed over the event.

The rally took place at Scamman’s Bittersweet Farm, the same location where the former Massachusetts governor formally launched his second presidential campaign three years earlier.

________

Romney's second coming?