IRS Targeting Investigation

Valin

irs-targeting-investigationC-Span:

Airing LIVE Monday 7:00pm EDT on C-SPAN 2

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen testifies before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee about the loss of an unknown number of emails related to former IRS official Lois Lerner. Representative Darrell Issa (R-CA) chairs the committee.

Cyber_Liberty

I dunno. If I watch that prick I might be tempted to slap the crap out of my TV, just to get that smirk off his ugly face.

• Like 2

clearvision

@Valin, @Cyber_Liberty

I don't know what to make of the headline.... Is the IRS targeting the investigators of them or is it the investigation of the IRS's targeting of groups? Unfortunately neither one would surprise me.

clearvision

These congress critters better have every I dotted and T crossed on their tax returns, house staff, gardeners,nannies, etc. GAME ON.

clearvision

How old was Lois Lerner's computer?

I don't understand why her computer matters. All IRS email should be on the IRS server, OR another services server backups.

clearvision

01-bart-simpson-i-didnt-do-it-e128656135

CAPONE IRS: I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. (Boardwalk Empire)

I don't understand why her computer matters. All IRS email should be on the IRS server, OR another services server backups.

There were complaints about the age of many of the IRS's computers. I suspect Lois's computer wasn't using XP.

clearvision

There were complaints about the age of many of the IRS's computers. I suspect Lois's computer wasn't using XP.

She could have been using smoke signals for all that it matters. Gov. agencies are required to maintain records by LAW. I can't get off saying I lost my business info because my computer crashed last year if audited by the IRS. THIS TOPIC should PISS most TAXPAYERS off (of course there are probably only 30% of us now). SIGH...

• Like 3

She could have been using smoke signals for all that it matters. Gov. agencies are required to maintain records by LAW. I can't get off saying I lost my business info because my computer crashed last year if audited by the IRS. THIS TOPIC should PISS most TAXPAYERS off (of course there are probably only 30% of us now). SIGH...

Oh Yeah!!!

Draggingtree

An Arrogant and Lawless IRS

By Michael Gerson - June 24, 2014

WASHINGTON -- Noted management expert and IRS Commissioner John Koskinen was apparently called out of retirement -- like the Ted Williams of evasive, unapologetic bureaucrats -- to destroy what is left of his agency's credibility.

At immediate issue is two years of subpoenaed emails from former IRS official Lois Lerner to outside agencies, lost in a convenient computer crash. The possible involvement of other agencies is one focus of a congressional investigation into the heightened IRS scrutiny of conservative nonprofit groups before the 2012 election.

In recent congressional testimony, Koskinen admitted that the emails were irretrievably gone; that the "backup tapes" had been erased; and that Lerner's hard drive was apparently destroyed in an aggressive act of recycling. With that settled, Koskinen expressed his "hope that the investigations ... can be concluded in the very near future."

It is a mix of arrogance and delusion that seems designed to incense Republicans. Koskinen had delayed informing Congress of the lost emails for months, even while assuring members they would be provided. "It was my decision that we complete the investigation," he said Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/24/an_arrogant_and_lawless_irs_123084.html

Draggingtree

White House Attorney to Testify About IRS Targeting Scandal

Katie Pavlich | Jun 24, 2014

White House Attorney Jennifer O'Connor will testify on Capitol Hill Tuesday morning after being subpoenaed by the House Oversight Committee yesterday. Her testimony comes less than 24-hours after IRS Commissioner John Koskinen faced tough questions from law makers about the IRS targeting scandal and thousands of "lost" emails.

Before taking her current position as White House counsel, O'Connor was responsible for leading the IRS response to Congressional inquiry on the issue from May to November 2013. Chairman Darrell Issa originally asked O'Connor to voluntarily testify about the targeting of tea party groups.

White House Counsel Neil Eggleston blocked O'Connor from doing so.Scissors-32x32.png

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/KatiePavlich/2014/06/24/white-house-attorney-to-testify-about-irs-targeting-scandal-n1855099

REP. GOWDY TELLS THE IRS WHY DESTROYING EVIDENCE IS BAD

The trick to keeping up with Obama scandals is to avoid letting today’s history-shredding world-in-flames foreign-policy disaster distract you from yesterday’s crisis of administrative incompetence and bureaucratic looting at the VA, or the abuse of power at the IRS before that. It’s interesting how the concept of “scandal fatigue” only bubbles from the media’s imagination during Democrat Administrations. Under Republicans, they link all the scandals together into a narrative, where they reinforce each other; a straight line would be drawn from Obama laughing about the lack of shovel-ready jobs in his trillion-dollar “stimulus” to Obama trying to wave off the VA scandal, or his White House pushing the myth about rogue low-level employees in Cincinnati being responsible for the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

But Obama’s press has grown, at worst, slightly exasperated with the endless cavalcade of ineptitude and fishy behavior pouring out of his White House. They let each new scandal reset the game board and erase whatever came before. Six years in, with Obama cratering in the polls, they’re starting to write stories about how exhausting all the Congressional hearings and searing agency audits are.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/24/rep-gowdy-tells-the-irs-why-destroying-evidence-is-bad/

IRS Admits Wrongdoing, to Pay $50,000 in Leaking of Marriage Group’s Tax Return

Two years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival.

“Congress made the disclosure of confidential tax return information a serious matter for a reason,” NOM Chairman John D. Eastman told The Daily Signal. “We’re delighted that the IRS has now been held accountable for the illegal disclosure of our list of major donors from our tax return.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/24/irs-admits-wrongdoing-pay-50000-leaking-marriage-groups-tax-return/