Jack Lew Refuses To Discuss Number Of Obamacare Enrollees

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

jack_lew_refuses_to_discuss_number_of_obamacare_enrollees.htmlReal Clear Politics: CHRIS WALLACE: I want to ask you about ObamaCare. You brought it up, that's what -- what a lot of this is about. The public exchanges in ObamaCare opened this week. And I think it's fair to say that the government Web site was a mess. In fact -- and you can look at it right here -- the page to sign up to enroll for ObamaCare has been taken down for repairs during off-peak hours this weekend.

A question, sir. You have had three years to prepare for this week.

If I already had doubts -- somebody already had doubts about the government's ability to oversee a sixth of the economy, shouldn't this just add to my doubts?

JACK LEW, SECRETARY OF TREASURY: You know, Chris, the -- I actually think that is not what's happened this week. What happened this week is we saw seven million people rush to go onto the Web page to find out what are their choices in this new marketplace to buy affordable health care.

WALLACE: How many actually signed up, sir?

LEW: You know, they have six months to sign up. This is a big decision. We never expected --

WALLACE: How many signed up?

LEW: -- I -- I don't have the exact number. But the question isn't --

WALLACE: Do you have any number --

LEW: The question --

WALLACE: -- because the government has refused to --

LEW: -- it's the wrong question.

________

Video:

http://youtu.be/DEEALSMrXJk

pollyannaish

By the way, of the seven million who visited, five million were journalists, pundits and conservatives checking to see if it worked. Not to mention the employees tasked with helping people figure it out.

• Like 1

There's a #shutdown!

The number crunchers for Treasury have been furloughed.....you don't expect a member of the Royal Czarship to do menial labor, do you?

I mean even before the #shutdown..........the debt numbers remained uncrunched & the debt total did not change.

If you don't like what you see.....look away quickly.....