Former Trek executive challenging Scott Walker in Wisconsin governor race

Geee

2536900Washington Examiner:

Wisconsin Democrats finally have a challenger for Republican Gov. Scott Walker in next year's election.

Mary Burke, a former executive for Trek Bicycle Corp. and daughter of the company's founder, announced Monday in a web video that she intends to run against Walker.

For months, Democrats have recruited Burke to run, hoping her business background would instantly make Walker's performance as a job creator an issue. The Republican successfully won his race in 2010 on a promise to create 250,000 jobs in his first term, a threshold he has little chance of reaching in the next 12 months.

"Helping to turn my family's business into a global company has been a big part of my life," Burke says in her video. "Now I'd like to help make our great state of Wisconsin even better as your governor."

Burke served as the state's commerce secretary under former Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle. Her only experience as an elected official is the Madison, Wis., school board seat she won last year.

Republican Governors Association Executive Director Phil Cox called Burke a "sacrificial lamb" and immediately criticized her ties to Doyle, a two-term governor who preceded Walker.Scissors-32x32.png

You can best believe money will be coming from all over the country to back her.