Hurricane season has been a dud despite dire forecasts

NCTexan

2776845USA Today:

The preseason predictions were all dire, using words like "extremely active" and "above-normal" to describe the forecast for the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicted that seven to 11 hurricanes would form, while AccuWeather predicted eight.

However, the season so far has been a welcome if unexpected dud, with not a single hurricane yet through the first week of September. (A typical full June-November hurricane season, based on weather records that go back to 1950, has seven hurricanes.)

In fact, the season is about to enter record territory for its unusual lack of hurricanes: Scissors-32x32.png

============================

@Valin I thought we all were gonna die?

]USA Today:

@Valin I thought we all were gonna die?

Its all just part of the PLOT, to lure us into a false sense of well being.

Of course this is all * George Bush's fault.

* aka The anti-christ.

@Valin

I've heard climate activists explain that the cooling trends of the last dozen years were actually the result of man made global warming disrupting that natural climate processes. blink.png

So it's getting cooler because it's getting hotter...... (A hard concept for a simple minded Tea Parter cretin to grasp)

Now I'm trying to get my head around how this same (scientific) logic might apply to hurricanes and tornados this year... and prior predictions.

I seem to remember the shouts of "SEE, IT'S GLOBAL WARMING" while individuals were trying to put their lives back together from the Oklahoma tornadoes.

WaPo

Extreme weather snoozer: no hurricanes, and low tornado numbers in 2013

As stormy as the weather has been in the U.S. and tropical Atlantic over the past few years, 2013 has been deadsville.

NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center’s tracking chart of tornadoes shows the 2013 count of twisters ranking lowest as far back as 2005.