Free of a burden and ready to engage

Geee

delay-free-of-a-burden-and-ready-to-engageWashington Times:

After eight long years, I was finally acquitted last month for lack of evidence of the campaign-finance charges against me in Texas. These trying times have changed me as man, while solidifying my views that our country needs a constitutional revival to return us to our conservative values.

As I have asserted from the get-go, everything I did was legal. When liberals couldn’t succeed in stopping me in the legislative arena, they went after me in the courts. The trumped-up charges against me by a district attorney in liberal Austin stemmed from a political action committee transferring $190,000 of soft money in 1998 to the Republican National State Elections Committee, which then sent hard money to Texas candidates. For this, they said I was money-laundering and gave me a sentence of three years in prison.

The old saying that a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich proved not the case for me. Ronnie Earle, the district attorney in Austin, went through multiple grand juries that refused to indict me on his evidence. On the last day before the statute of limitations ran out, Mr. Earle used a grand jury that had only been sworn in 30 minutes earlier to finally get his charges against me to stick.Scissors-32x32.png