What Netanyahu said

Valin

what-netanyahu-said.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

10/1/13

I dont trust and dont want to rely on news accounts of important speeches such as Iranian President Hassan Rouhanis and President Obamas at the UN last week, or Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahus at the UN today. I linked to the full text version of both Rouahanis and Obamas speeches last week and took a look at them here (Rouahani) and here (Obama). The Office of the Israeli Prime Minister has posted the text and video of Netanyahus speech here. As you might expect, Netanyanus truth-and-acuity quotient exceeded the combined total of Rouhanis and Obamas by a factor of about 99 to 1.

(Snip)

(snip)

Today, our hope for the future is challenged by a nuclear-armed Iran that seeks our destruction. But I want you to know: that wasnt always the case. Some 2500 years ago, the great Persian King Cyrus ended the Babylonian exile of the Jewish people. He issued a famous edict in which he proclaimed the right of the Jews to return to the Land of Israel and rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Thats a Persian decree, and thus began an historic friendship between the Jews and the Persians that lasted until modern times.

But in 1979, a radical regime in Tehran tried to stamp out that friendship. As it was busy crushing the Iranian peoples hopes for democracy, it also led wild chants of Death to the Jews! Now, since that time, Presidents of Iran have come and gone. Some presidents were considered moderates, others hardliners. But theyve all served that same unforgiving creed, that same unforgetting regime that creed that is espoused and enforced by the real power in Iran, the dictator known in Iran as the Supreme Leader, first Ayatollah Khomeini and now Ayatollah Khamenei. President Rouhani, like the presidents who came before him is a loyal servant of the regime. He was one of only six candidates the regime permitted to run for office. Nearly 700 other candidates were rejected.

So what made him acceptable? Well, Rouhani headed Irans Supreme National Security Council from 1989 through 2003. During that time, Irans henchmen gunned down opposition leaders in a Berlin restaurant. They murdered 85 people at the Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires. They killed 19 American soldiers by blowing up the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia.

(Snip)

He nailed it big time!

sigh Wish we had a President who could do that. 2016 can't come fast enough!

Depends on who wins. The Repubs are not the countrie's faves right now.

He nailed it big time!

sigh Wish we had a President who could do that. 2016 can't come fast enough!

Depends on who wins. The Repubs are not the contrie's faves right now.

I would point out it has been very very rare for one party to hold the WH for more than 2 terms...George HW Bush has been the only one in the post WW2 period.

Get ready for a real donnybrook of a battle starting the day after election day 2014.

I predict a lot of Republicans are going to discover how much they really love Iowa in Jan.! Ames iowa in Jan. A Winter Wonderland!