Dennis Miller's Epic Rant

Valin

dennis_millers_rant_on_greed_lets_go_to_a_sponsorship_system.htmlReal Clear Video:

http://youtu.be/Mc2TqwZI5bs

DENNIS MILLER: Like I said, I want to help the helpless, but I don't want to help the clueless. But is there anyway you can bust on somebody now whose getting free health care and two years unemployment and you know the myriad of other benefits? Is there anyway, now, that you can go to a guy, 'Listen, we're picking up a lot of this, you've got to get a part time job for something.' Or is that just bad? Is that evil? What would they drop on me for that? Racist? Classist? Sexist? I don't even know which one, whichever was up in that day's lottery.

But all I know is this, if your paying somebody's health care and you're giving them benefits out the wazoo and we've got 50 million people on food stamps now and you cannot have a job and for two years you get paid. Is there anyway -- and like I said, I often think if 50% of the country is working and 50% isn't, I'd like to go to a one-on-one sponsorship where I sponsor one guy so I can at least have breakfast with him every six months and look across the table and say, 'Hey, Jimmy, what are you doing? Did you get a gig yet? What are you doing?' When I write the check and push it across the table, at least they can shake my hand. Come on, pull it together you idiot. I used to sponsor a kid in Honduras and he would send me a letter every six months about how they built a crapper in the village and took a polaroid of it. Can I at least get that off the person I'm sponsoring over here for the rest of my life? (Dennis Miller Show, September 27, 2013)