Study reveals newborns recall words heard in utero

Geee

study_reveals_newborns_recall_words_heard_in_utero.htmlThinker:

The little human being living inside a pregnant mother turns out to be a lot more capable than previously known. Kathy Drummond describes the research that led to the startling finding that newborns can recall words they heard in the womb in The Verge:

...new research offers provocative evidence that an unborn fetus can not only hear sounds from the outside world, but is actually capable of recalling specific words in the days following birth.

In a study out of the University of Helsinki that builds on previous investigations, a team used EEG scans on 33 newborn babies to reach that conclusion. Their research started, however, when those infants were still in the womb: moms-to-be in their third trimester were divided into two groups, with only one group listening to repeating sequences of a nonsensical word ("tatata"). Occasionally, the word would be delivered with a subtle tweak in pronunciation or tone. In all, some study participants listened to that same word a whopping - and probably insufferable - 25,000 times.Scissors-32x32.png

evidence that an unborn fetus can not only hear sounds from the outside world, but is actually capable of recalling specific words in the days following birth.

The cirle of life takes some unusual twists and turns...

I can barely remember what someone said to me last night.

But I can clearly remember my Dad telling everyone at the hospital that I looked just like a ham hock.

• Like 1

The answer of the Pro-Death crowd will be "Oh sure, that's 3rd trimister, most abortions happen long before that."

Of course missing the whole point, that there are two (2) (1...2) separate humans involved. One goes on with life the other is Dead...as in no longer living.

evidence that an unborn fetus can not only hear sounds from the outside world, but is actually capable of recalling specific words in the days following birth.

But I can clearly remember my Dad telling everyone at the hospital that I looked just like a ham hock.

There's an old joke....Know why babies are so cute? So we don't kill them!

Draggingtree

ohmy.png

ohmy.png

The comedian was talking about his life with a new born. It's A Joke!

The Porch Peeps are familiar with this story. When my youngest grandson was in the womb hi brother would sing the ABC song to mommy's tummy every evening. After his brother was born 90% of the time, if he started singing this song to him he would stop. Only worked for that song and didn't work for anyone else. I report- you decidewink.png

• Like 1