An American Satyricon

Geee

Anyone remember this? [can't find a youtube vid]. The father is now doing time for his rage:

http://www.examiner.com/article/twerking-dad-dead-beating-daughters-arrested-after-video-goes-viral

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303028/WARNING-GRAPHIC-CONTENT-Disturbing-video-shows-teenage-daughters-beaten-father-posting-sexually-suggestive-twerking-video-online.html

On Friday, April 5, it was reported that a dad who whipped his two daughters with a belt after he found out they made a twerking video and posted it onto Facebook has now been arrested.

In a video that has caused a massive outrage online and has since gone massively viral, a dad is caught on camera punishing his daughters, quite harshly, after they posted a sexually suggestive video of themselves twerking.

Twerking, for those that may not know, is a dance move in which mostly women shake and move their hips and thighs, attempting to make their butts “wobble” or “bounce” up and down in what many believe to be in a racy or even sexually suggestive manner.

Upset that his young daughters were doing this, and then posting it to Facebook (the daughters’ ages are not yet known), their father was understandably upset.

Does that tail make my bum look big?

@SrWoodchuck

Yup.... and we best not see no twerking from you Bro.

Hate getting old.......I can't even "limbo" anymore......

little_buddy_limbo_hc.gif#limbo%20gif

• Like 2

Mom charged with homicide after giving birth in sports bar bathroom, dumping baby in toilet before returning to watch wrestling match

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dumping_charged_toilet_homicide_etsC8nmavUe1FRQbaf3vGJ

'Girls Gone Wild' creator Joe Francis gets nearly a year in jail for assault

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/girls_gone_wild_creater_joe_francis_Mg8VNnAioJ3l99tdehJzfI

These are the daily headlines over and over and over and........

chubby-checker.jpg

Come on everybody clap your hands
Now you're looking good
I'm gonna sing my song and you won't take long
We gotta do the twerk and it goes like this

Come on let's twerk again like we did last summer
Yea, let's twerk again like we did last year
Do you remember when things were really hummin'
Yea, let's twerk again, twerkin' time is here

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again
Oh baby make me know you love me so then

Yea, let's twerk again like we did last year
Do you remember when things were really hummin'

Yeah round 'n around 'n up 'n down we go again
Oh baby make me know you love me so then

• Like 1

Would it be racist to say that maybe this twerking could be an ancient African fertility dance? Or something like that? I truly am trying to work out how this came about. It occured to me that it might be nothing new, taking into consideration the history of mankind.

My boys and I had altercations over and over about MTV over 25 years ago - and it wasn't even as bad then as today. Patrick Monaghan 'dumbing down of America' echoes in my brain so many times. Sigh.

Prophetic

Defining deviancy down by Moynihan

Thanks @Pepper.....a really good link. Still digesting some of it....I may download & study.

NCT!! I liked the twist and it had nothing to do with twerking.

@righteousmomma!

Some religions still consider all dancing a vertical expression of a horizontal idea.

Like the 2 young teen girls in Pakistan killed for dishonoring their family by dancing in the rain.

righteousmomma

Saw this on The Blaze:

A letter from a mother to her daughter:

"Yes, this is what happens when you constantly hear everything you do is awesome. This is what happens when people fawn over your every Tweet and Instagram photo. This is what happens when no responsible adult has ever said the word “no,” made you change your clothes before leaving the house, or never spanked your butt for deliberate defiance.

If you ever even consider doing something like that, I promise you that I will run up and twerk so you will see how ridiculous twerking looks. I will duct tape your mouth shut so your tongue doesn’t hangout like an overheated hound dog. I will smack any male whom you decide to smash against his pelvis – after I first knock you on your butt for forgetting how a lady acts in public.

Why would I do that? Because I love you and I want you to respect yourself. Miley Cyrus is not edgy or cool or sexy. She’s a desperate girl screaming for attention: Notice me. Tell me I’m pretty. See how hot I am. I know all the guys want me. All the girls want to be me.

You probably know girls who will emulate this behavior at the next school dance. Don’t do it with them. You are far too valuable to sell yourself so cheaply. Walk away. Let the boys gawk and know in your heart that they see only a body that can be used for their pleasure and then forgotten.

The mother also apologized to her daughter if she has ever “felt sad because I haven’t gushed over everything you’ve done.” The job of a mother, she writes, is to “praise when praise is due, but also to offer constructive criticism and correction when it is needed as well.”

“Dear daughter, I am going to fight or die trying to keep you from becoming like the Miley Cyruses of the world,” she concludes. “You can thank me later.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/27/dear-daughter-let-miley-cyrus-be-a-lesson-to-you-the-amazing-open-letter-from-mom-set-to-go-viral/

• Like 1

@righteousmomma

"Miley Cyrus is not edgy or cool or sexy. Shes a desperate girl screaming for attention: Notice me. Tell me Im pretty. See how hot I am. I know all the guys want me."

Back in the day we had a term for women like this...Easy Alice.

Miley, she's a Star Baby

• Like 1

If only I could watch 4 minutes & 47 seconds of that air-headed, prog-twit.....

Do yourself a favor.

Thanks a lot, @Valin. Worse than I expected.........and 4:47 I'll never get back in my life....

Draggingtree
August 29, 2013

by Michael Snyder

Daddy’s Don’t Let Your Daughters Grow Up To Be Like Miley Cyrus

The ultra-raunchy performance that Miley Cyrus put on at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards the other night is a perfect example of how morally bankrupt our culture has become. Since that performance, Miley Cyrus has been the number one topic of conversation in America, and a whole lot of people have actually been defending her. They have been saying stuff like "if you don't like it, don't watch it" and a CNN article even went so far as to say that we "need less outrage, less nannying" about such performances. Unfortunately, the truth is that it would be a tragic mistake to simply ignore such filth. Millions upon millions of young girls absolutely adored Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana on the Disney channel, and millions of those same girls are looking up to her as a role model now. What they see her do is going to affect their behavior. As for Miley Cyrus, she probably believes that the kind of performance that she put on the other night is exactly what her audience wantsScissors-32x32.png

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/daddys-dont-let-daughters-grow-like-miley-cyrus/

Draggingtree

Foam Finger Inventor: Miley Cyrus 'Degraded' a 'National Icon'

The inventor of the foam finger, recently used by Miley Cyrus in her train-wreck act at the VMA awards, said Cyrus “degraded” his invention, which he called a “national icon.”

Steve Chmelar, who created the original foam finger in 1971, told Fox Sports, "She took an honorable icon that is seen in sporting venues everywhere and degraded it. Fortunately, the foam finger has been around long enough that it will survive this incident. For people who like that kind of entertainment, I'm sure that it met their needs."

Chmelar’s taste is far more traditional. He said, "If I had a choice between Julie Andrews singing 'The Sound of Music' and Miley Cyrus doing 'Can't Stop,' I'd go the Julie Andrews route."Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/08/29/Foam-Finger-Inventor-Miley-Cyrus-Degraded-a-National-Icon

Draggingtree
‘Dear Daughter, Let Miley Cyrus Be a Lesson to You’ – The Amazing Open Letter From Mom Set to Go Viral
Aug. 27, 2013 12:01amJason Howerton

Mothers everywhere cringed as former Disney star Miley Cyrus gyrated on the stage Sunday during the MTV Video Music Awards, hoping and praying their daughters would not go down the same path to promiscuity.

However, one mother, Kim Keller, took to her blog to pen an open letter to her daughter titled: “Dear daughter, let Miley Cyrus be a lesson to you.”

600x4265.jpg

NEW YORK, NY – AUGUST 25: (EDITORS NOTE: Image has been converted to black and white) Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke perform on stage during the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards at the Barclays Center on August 25, 2013 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. Credit: Getty Images for MTV

The mother writes:

Yes, this is what happens when you constantly hear everything you do is awesome. This is what happens when people fawn over your every Tweet and Instagram photo. This is what happens when no responsible adult has ever said the word “no,” made you change your clothes before leaving the house, or never spanked your butt for deliberate defiance.

If you ever even consider doing something like that, I promise you that I will run up and twerk so you will see how ridiculous twerking looks. I will duct tape your mouth shut so your tongue doesn’t hangout like an overheated hound dog. I will smack any male whom you decide to smash against his pelvis – after I first knock you on your butt for forgetting how a lady acts in public.

Why would I do that? Because I love you and I want you to respect yourself.
Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2