Rand Paul, Chris Christie doing ‘disservice to the party,’ Wis. Gov. Scott Walker says

Geee

rand-paul-chris-christie-doing-disservice-country-Washington Times:

High-profile Republicans already engaged in presidential politics — more than three years before the 2016 election — are hurting the party and the nation, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday.

Mr. Walker, who appeared on “Fox & Friends,” specifically was referring to the public spat between Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and New JerseyGov. Chris Christie, both of whom are expected to run for president and already have begun to engage in a de facto primary election fight with each other.

But by focusing too much on the 2016 cycle, the GOP could blow its chances in next year’s midterms, according to Mr. Walker.

“I think it’s too early. I think it’s a disservice to the party and the country,” he said. “We’ve got 36 races for governor next year. Twenty-two of them, including me, are [incumbent] Republican governors. You’ve got the U.S. Senate, where we’ve got a very real chance to get the majority. Keep the House, which has been doing a good job; get the Senate back. Then whomever the nominee is in 2016 has a real opportunity — he or she on the Republican side can ultimately come in and say, ‘We can turn America around.’”Scissors-32x32.png