Obama Giving Presidential Medals of Freedom to President Clinton, Steinem, Oprah

Geee

obama-giving-presidential-medals-of-freedom-to-president-clinton-steinem-oprahPJMedia:

The White House just announced 16 recipients who will mark the 50th anniversary of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, including former President Bill Clinton, feminist Gloria Steinem and talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey.

“The Presidential Medal of Freedom goes to men and women who have dedicated their own lives to enriching ours. This year’s honorees have been blessed with extraordinary talent, but what sets them apart is their gift for sharing that talent with the world. It will be my honor to present them with a token of our nation’s gratitude,” Obama said in a statement.

More than 500 medals have been awarded since President Kennedy established the honor.

This year’s medals will go to (descriptions by the White House):

Ernie Banks

Known to many as “Mr. Cub,” Ernie Banks is one of the greatest baseball players of all time. During his 19 seasons with the Chicago Cubs, he played in 11 All-Star Games, hit over 500 home runs, and became the first National League player to win Most Valuable Player honors in back-to-back years. He was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1977, his first year of eligibility.

Ben Bradlee

Ben Bradlee is one of the most respected newsmen of his generation. During his tenure as executive editor of The Washington Post, Mr. Bradlee oversaw coverage of the Watergate scandal, successfully challenged the Federal Government over the right to publish the Pentagon Papers, and guided the newspaper through some of its most challenging moments. He also served in the Navy during World War II.Scissors-32x32.png

SrWoodchuck

@Geee! Two of the progressive "honoree's" ......

Mark Levin: Bill Clinton is the first impeached president to get the Medal of Freedom

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-bill-clinton-is-the-first-impeached-president-to-get-the-medal-of-freedom/

Oprah: “Millions” of Blacks Lynched In America… http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/31/oprah-millions-of-blacks-lynched-in-america/

Scissors-32x32.png

Winfrey: You cannot be my friend and use that word around me. It shows my age, but I feel strongly about it. … I always think of the millions of people who heard that as their last word as they were hanging from a tree.

Scissors-32x32.png

@SrWoodchuck

I don't know about the 'millions' of blacks lynchedblink.pngrolleyes.gif but I DO know for SURE that millions have been torn from the womb. Does she feel strongly about that???

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

I don't know about the 'millions' of blacks lynchedblink.pngrolleyes.gif but I DO know for SURE that millions have been torn from the womb. Does she feel strongly about that???

@Geee

If she can close her eyes, cover her ears & hold her nose..........the sights, sounds & smells of genocide are not really there.....

It isn't just.....it's dust to dust, we must......

@SrWoodchuck

"Mark Levin: Bill Clinton is the first impeached president to get the Medal of Freedom "

Wonder what Mark Levin will say when in the last year of His Majesties Presidency he anoints Reverend Wright and Farakhan with the Medal of Freedom?

@Geee

The honor behind any honorable medal certainly gets diminished when distributed by a charlatan.

Sort of like bad money driving out good money and all that. Ask yourself how you viewed the Nobel Peace Prize before what's his name got it.

• Like 1

@Geee

The honor behind any honorable medal certainly gets diminished when distributed by a charlatan.

Sort of like bad money driving out good money and all that. Ask yourself how you viewed the Nobel Peace Prize before what's his name got it.

Well the recipients of Nobel Prizes have made them stink to high heaven for years, i.e. Al Goreblink.png

• Like 2