Conservatives slam Paul Ryan for fighting government shutdown plan

Geee

conservatives-slam-paul-ryan-for-fighting-government-shutdown-planDaily Caller:

Republican House Budget committee chairman Paul Ryan is under fire from his party’s conservative base for opposing Senate GOP efforts to block or revise continuing-resolution budget bills and potentially force a government shutdown until Obamacare is defunded.

The escalating feud also allows conservatives to clarify their position on the shutdown, which they claim will be “partial” and “temporary” and will not fully close down the federal government.

Ryan suggested Sunday that Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Marco Rubio are misguided in their proposed use of a government shutdown for political purposes, and that a “better strategy” will emerge to defeat the unpopular health care law.Scissors-32x32.png

• 2 weeks later...
Draggingtree

Why Ted Cruz Can’t Win a Government Shutdown

The Texas senator's strategy to defund Obamacare would be catastrophic for the Republican Party.

By W. James Antle IIIAugust 19, 2013

To fund Obamacare or not to fund Obamacare, that is the question. In this version of the soliloquy, Ted Cruz is Hamlet and the president’s signature health care reform law is Claudius—except Cruz will not delay.

Cruz insists that it’s “now or never” to prevent Obama from becoming a permanent feature of American life. “President Obama’s strategy is simple: on January 1, the subsidies kick in,” Cruz told The Daily Caller. “President Obama wants to get as many Americans addicted to the subsidies because he knows that in modern times, no major entitlement has ever been implemented and then unwound.” Scissors-32x32.png

The real question is whether Republicans can win a government shutdown battle over Obamacare. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/why-ted-cruz-cant-win-a-government-shutdown/

@Geee @Draggingtree

I've got some problems with the Now Or Never because when the subsidies kick in, the low information voter will fall madly in love with it argument. What happen when IPAD tells you sorry (grand ma, little Suzy, our Wife, Husband...etc) can't get the treatment they need to live, because...(insert reason here)? And then there are all those wonderful waivers to all the right people/groups..ie not you.

Now it may very well be this is the last chance, if so fine do it. But be aware the WH DNC and every left wing group in America has newspaper ads, TV spots ready, and given how truly wonderful Republicans are at messaging.....

Draggingtree

@Geee @Draggingtree

I've got some problems with the Now Or Never because when the subsidies kick in, the low information voter will fall madly in love with it argument. What happen when IPAD tells you sorry (grand ma, little Suzy, our Wife, Husband...etc) can't get the treatment they need to live, because...(insert reason here)? And then there are all those wonderful waivers to all the right people/groups..ie not you.

Now it may very well be this is the last chance, if so fine do it. But be aware the WH DNC and every left wing group in America has newspaper ads, TV spots ready, and given how truly wonderful Republicans are at messaging.....

Well I am with Cruz/Lee and who else I want no funding of Obamacare ....

• Like 1

At this point I think it is an all-or-nothing, scorched earth, last chance, take-no-prisoners, now-or-never, the right time to shut er down...

• Like 2

Obama Supporters Will Go Hysterical Over This Well Sourced List Of 252 Examples Of His Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Etc.......Blah, blah, freakin' blah: http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-supporters-will-go-hysterical-over-this-well-sourced-list-of-252-examples-of-his-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-etc/

Obama-Lying-King-Michelle-David-Axelrod-

(Editor’s note: This commentary originally appeared at Dan from Squirrel Hill’s blog and is graciously reprinted here with permission.)

I ask you to please show this list to as many people as possible – and especially, to please show it to as many Obama supporters as possible. Sunshine really is the best disinfectant. I can’t stop Obama from doing any of these horrible things, but I can tell people about what he is doing. So please share this list with others on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Thank you.

The short link for this is: http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/

Every President, every politician, and every human being tells lies and engages in acts of hypocrisy. But Barack Obama does these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of. His campaign promises were so much better sounding than anyone else’s – no lobbyists in his administration, waiting five days before signing all non-emergency bills so people would have time to read them, putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN, reading every bill line by line to make sure money isn’t being wasted, prosecution of Wall St. criminals, ending raids against medical marijuana in states where it’s legal, high levels of transparency. Obama’s promises of these wonderful things sounded inspiring and sincere. They sounded so much better than the promises of any other President. So when Obama broke these promises, it felt so much worse than when other Presidents broke their promises.

Scissors-32x32.png

Some of the things on this list are major events that should scare the daylights out of any true liberal who cares about civil liberties.

Other things on this list are medium things that some Obama supporters may dislike, but would be willing to overlook in light of the things that Obama has done which they like.

And some of the things on this list may seem trivial, but I still think they are an interesting reflection of the kinds of policies that Obama supports.

Every claim that I make in this list is sourced. Click on the blue text to see the sources. I have cited a wide variety of sources, from right wing, to left wing, to middle of the road.

I welcome any comments and criticisms that you may have. If you say my list is wrong, please back up your claim by citing specific examples.

And now, on with the list:

Scissors-32x32.png

If you've got the time.....read & save.

Draggingtree
#DontBlink — Defund It

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | August 21st, 2013 at 04:30 AM

I am in the minority among my closest friends. Most of my friends are, as they are expressing on twitter and elsewhere, appalled at Heritage Action for America, For America, and soon other groups running targeted ad campaigns against various Republicans in Congress.

The ads are designed to remind voters that those members of Congress and Senators have campaigned against Obamacare, but now will not vote to defund Obamacare.

My friends believe these conservative organizations are doing great harm and will potentially hurt Republicans. They find them off putting, likely to do more harm than good, pushing a strategy doomed to fail, and putting Republicans in a no win position Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2013/08/21/dontblink-defund-it/

A new strategy to take on ObamaCare

Kimberley Strassel

8/22/13

(Snip)

The rallying cry of the Defunders is that this moment is the GOPs last chance to put the brakes on ObamaCare. Yet by that very logic, the GOP strategy had better offer a chance at success. Shutdown doesnt. Mr. Obama and Senate Democrats will never agree to tank their signature achievement. The White House is salivating over the chance to pin a shutdown on Republicans, since honest polls show the public is opposed to shutting down government over ObamaCare. Even the Defund ringleaders admitat least in privatethat this fight isnt going to end with a defunded law.

(Snip)

The political calculus is that delay, unlike defund, pushes Democrats to do something that many are already inclined to do. The president himself has endorsed delay for key parts of the billthe employer mandate, out-of-pocket-caps, income verification requirements. Unions, the bedrock of the liberal base, are demanding wholesale changes in the law. Vulnerable Senate Democrats know the ObamaCare exchanges are a pending disaster, and they are terrified of political fallout. Twenty-two House Democrats in July voted with Republicans to delay the individual mandate.

An ObamaCare delay, the coalition argues, is also in line with public opinion. Whereas shutdown would prove a complex and messy PR job, the public is already highly educated on the big ObamaCare issues. A majority opposes provisions like the individual mandate, and is worried by the exchanges.

(Snip)