Lower standards: Pentagon hints at changes to allow more women in ground combat

Geee

pentagon-hints-at-changes-to-allow-more-women-in-gWashington Times:

Public statements from the Pentagon since it removed the ban on direct ground combat jobs for women signal that the armed services plan to change their physical standards to ensure integration of the sexes, analysts say.

A review of news conferences and congressional testimony shows that the top brass repeatedly use the word “validate” — not necessarily “retain” — when talking about ongoing studies of tasks to qualify for infantry, armored and special operations jobs.

In other words, some physical standards would be lowered for men and women on the argument that certain tasks are outdated or irrelevant.

A compilation of the studies’ results will play a major role in late 2015, when the services decide which combat jobs to open or keep closed to women.Scissors-32x32.png

I guess I'm just too old or too male to understand this...

What is the burning need of women to be in combat roles that require physical characteristics not generally supported by their gender?

I can fully understand the expectation of being able to progress, serve and lead in their qualified field regardless of gender. There are many more roles in the military that do not require these challenging physical combat skills than roles that do.

Lowering these standards based on sex make as much sense as lowering eyesight and reaction skills for a fighter pilot... just to not disadvantage "genetically challenged" individuals of both sexes.

We all love to see the lethally skilled women like Ziva David or Laura Croft kick man butts on TV and in the movies...

but remember, most of these characters are just that... "characters in the movies".

MV5BMTk0OTAzOTY2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcw

A continuation of 'lowering the bar' in every aspect of American life. If a woman can pass the physical test without lowering the standard's go for it I guess, but don't put the country at risk by lowering the standards to accommodate her passing.

I guess I'm just too old or too male to understand this...

What is the burning need of women to be in combat roles that require physical characteristics not generally supported by their gender?

Equality and it's cousin Fairness. These are very important words to a huge part of the left. You see them used or implied in much of their writings and policies.

Women in the Military, as REMF (in the rear with the gear), great, even a combat pilots, but humping an 80lbs pack living in the field for days (maybe even weeks) at a time, sitting in the turret of a MBT/AFV, a really bad idea.

There is a line that Thomas PM Barnett used in his talk on "The Pentagon's New Map" (Well worth your time) I paraphrase..."I want my Marines to be Marines. I want them young..single...slightly pissed off. I want them to be like my highland terrier, he gets up in the morning and wants to do two things, dig a hole...and kill something."

7123222.jpg

Yup... she's a cutie.... but...

I'd rather depend on these guys to haul my backside out of trouble if needed.

100421-M-0000L-003.jpg

• Like 2