Muslim Persecution of Christians: Summer of Slaughter

Geee

muslim-persecution-of-christians-2013-2Front Page Magazine:

he month of May continued to prove that Nigeria is the most dangerous nation for Christians—where more Christians have been killed last year than all around the Muslim world combined. In one instance, Boko Haram Muslim militants stormed the home of a Pentecostal pastor and secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, and opened fire on him, instantly murdering him.

Separately, other Boko Haram gunmen killed 14 Christians, including the cousin and two nephews of the Rev. Moses Thliza, head of a Christian organization dedicated to preventing AIDS and caring for AIDS patients and orphans: Said Thliza: “My cousin, Bulus [Paul] Buba, was dragged out at gunpoint from his house by the Boko Haram members. They collected his car keys, demanded money and asked him three times to renounce his Christian faith, and three times he declined to do so [prompting them to execute him]. The attackers met three guards on duty, killed two of them by cutting their necks with knives, and then proceeded to take the third guard, Amtagu Samiyu, at gunpoint to lead them to where the keys of the deputy governor’s house is.”Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma
Despite all this, when the Nigerian government tried militarily to confront and neutralize Boko Haram, the Obama administration criticized it, warning it not to violate the “human rights” of the Islamic terrorists.

.....Because the persecution of Christians in the Islamic world is on its way to reaching pandemic proportions, “Muslim Persecution of Christians” was developed to collate some—by no means all—of the instances of persecution that surface each month. It serves two purposes:..........

1) To document that which the mainstream media does not: the habitual, if not chronic, Muslim persecution of Christians.

2) To show that such persecution is not “random,” but systematic and interrelated—that it is rooted in a worldview inspired by Sharia.

Accordingly, whatever the anecdote of persecution, it typically fits under a specific theme, including hatred for churches and other Christian symbols; sexual abuse of Christian women; forced conversions to Islam; apostasy and blasphemy laws that criminalize and punish with death those who “offend” Islam; theft and plunder in lieu of jizya (financial tribute expected from non-Muslims); overall expectations for Christians to behave like dhimmis, or second-class, “tolerated” citizens; and simple violence and murder. Sometimes it is a combination.

Because these accounts of persecution span different ethnicities, languages, and locales—from Morocco in the West, to India in the East, and throughout the West wherever there are Muslims—it should be clear that one thing alone binds them: Islam—whether the strict application of Islamic Sharia law, or the supremacist culture born of it.

Muslim Persecution of Christians: Summer of Slaughter

From the response of the MSM and this administration... this should have read.

Muslim Persecution of Christians: Summer of Slumber

Just imagine the response and coverage if this had been Christians slaughtering Muslims.

MSNBC: Why haven't Billy Graham and Jerry Falwell spoken out on the networks to denounce these atrocities by Christians? (never mind that Graham is infirm and Falwell is dead)

• Like 2

It is not just Christians.

The Rise of Islamism: Its Impact on Religious Minorities

May 15 2013

With the rise of Islamism in the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa, religious minorities have come increasingly under siege. Already this year, nearly two hundred Hazara Shiite Muslims in Baluchistan, Pakistan have been killed in bombings launched by the Sunni extremist group Lashkar-e-Jangvi. In Egypt, the nation's new constitution denies Baha'is the right to houses of worship, while Iran's denies Baha'is any rights at all. In Mali, Islamists have destroyed historic Sufi shrines, and in Iraq, a campaign of terrorist violence has driven almost the entire Mandean community from its ancient homeland. Across a broad geographic area and in once culturally diverse societies, Christians, Jews, Baha'is, Ahmadi Muslims, Zoroastrians, Sufis, Shiites, Mandeans, Yizidis, Sikhs, Hindus, and other religious minorities face a range of threats from ascendant Islamists.

Moderator Nina Shea, Hudson Senior Fellow and Director of the Center for Religious Freedom, and our expert panel discussed Islamism's impact on religious minorities and recommendations to strengthen the cause of religious freedom and cultural pluralism.

Panelists included former Pakistani Parliamentarian (2008-12) Farahnaz Ispahani; Professor of Iranian, Central Eurasian, and Islamic Studies at Indiana University Jamsheed K. Choksy; and Executive Director of the Center for Islamic Pluralism and author Stephen Schwartz.

Does God want us to die from attacks of religious terrorists?

The Old Testament God protected His Chosen people, and expected them to do battle against those who attacked them.......giving them aid & performing miracles to that end.

With Jesus, came the New Testament & the "old" was swept away for the "new." Jesus was required to die as the "Last Blood Sacrifice," without which, we could not be saved; but does God want us to die at the hands of our enemies?

Can we not "love" them just as well behind defenses & weapons of protection?

It is one thing to ask an adult to "turn the other cheek" and die for their faith.....we who are capable of action & logic....but what about children & other innocents.

I honor these modern day martyrs....but don't think God would let someone who died defending the innocent, to suffer damnation. JMO.

• Like 2

I would point out Luke 22:36...ie buy a sword And Matthew 10:16....ie Be Wise As Serpents, harmless as doves.

I would also point out that in order to be a follower of Jesus in large parts of the world, means there is a price even though is may not be death. Being a Christian here in the West, really is a pretty easy proposition.

• Like 2

I would point out Luke 22:36...ie buy a sword And Matthew 10:16....ie Be Wise As Serpents, harmless as doves.

I would also point out that in order to be a follower of Jesus in large parts of the world, means there is a price even though is may not be death. Being a Christian here in the West, really is a pretty easy proposition.

@Valin @SrWoodchuck @Geee @righteousmomma

"Being a Christian here in the West, really is a pretty easy proposition."

In comparison to losing your life and limb, certainly. But would you not agree that the consequences of publicly declaring one's Christian belief and living those beliefs is certainly eroding in the West. By no means is there a gain in acceptance.

Give me some odds on what will happen more in the USA by the year 2050:

we will be worshipping the god of secularism

we will be following Sharia law

or living Christ's Word.

• Like 1

In comparison to losing your life and limb, certainly. But would you not agree that the consequences of publicly declaring one's Christian belief and living those beliefs is certainly eroding in the West. By no means is there a gain in acceptance.

all I can say is I have never run into any problems. I do recall a guy many many years ago at a place I worked that had problems with management, but to tell the truth that had more to do with the fact that he was...A jerk.

or living Christ's Word.

I don't do predictions on the future.

What is interesting is many times before in the history of American and (I believe) Europe Christianity was on the ropes. A lot of very bad thing were happening, then Then Church came roaring back, in a new improved relevant form. Amazing, why it might almost lead one to think we're not the ones in charge, but that's just crazy talk.

As for worshiping the God of Secularism, all I can say to someone who wants to is, Good Luck With That.

• Like 1

@Pepper! @Valin!

or living Christ's Word.

I doubt I will be a part of an earthly "we." I'm hoping for option "3" on that list.

.....as for me......I'd be lucky & happy to be......living [with] Christ.

• Like 1

The Modern Ozymandias is not Bryan Cranston or his characters.....it is this dreck of humanity:

"O"-zymandias

obama-made-of-sand.jpeg

• Like 1

@Pepper! @Valin!

or living Christ's Word.

I doubt I will be a part of an earthly "we." I'm hoping for option "3" on that list.

.....as for me......I'd be lucky & happy to be......living [with] Christ.

In talking to non believers or those who have left, I find so very very often what keeps them from joining or drove them away, is Christians acting like...well jerks. Now i grant you The Church was made for the worst sort of people, but there are Brothers and Sister out there determined to prove this is true.

wallbash.gif

@Valin!

In talking to non believers or those who have left, I find so very very often what keeps them from joining or drove them away, is Christians acting like...well jerks. Now i grant you The Church was made for the worst sort of people, but there are Brothers and Sister out there determined to prove this is true.

I am continually reminded during my prison ministry of your statement......as well as continually reminding those "Brothers & Sisters"....that Christ came for them, and not for the "already pure as the driven snow." I am often humbled by their faith....real or feigned.

As the Church on earth is populated with sinners....either as members or hierarchy....there will always be room for improvement...and for salvation. IMO

righteousmomma

Ok, preachers hat is on ---- so bear with me

True dat - persecution here is not like in other parts of the world. Until very recently we were considered to be a Judeo/Christian people.

We are not being persecuted by having life and limb torn off. Ours is a more silent, touchless and deadly assault. It is called political correctness. It began its stealthy, sneaky attack in the very late 1800s on into the early 1900s . The enemy's name is humanism.

Today's enlightened scientific modus operandi is secularism.

The gods of both are elite intellectuals.

True dat - Luke 22:36...ie buy a sword And Matthew 10:16....ie Be Wise As Serpents, harmless as doves.

He was talking about spreading the Gospel and being his disciples in enemy territory.

True dat - The O.T. Jews warred. So did lands and peoples and government in the N.T..

Roman Centurions became believers but they did not and were not told to give up their shields, swords and commands.

God's Kingdom on earth is in the hearts of individual believers. The sermon on the mount is God's agenda for people in his kingdom.

Christianity is the way of living life here on planet earth. You know - be in the world , but not of it.

The rest of your statements depends on what your definition of "The Church" is.

@Valin!

I am continually reminded during my prison ministry of your statement......as well as continually reminding those "Brothers & Sisters"....that Christ came for them, and not for the "already pure as the driven snow." I am often humbled by their faith....real or feigned.

As the Church on earth is populated with sinners....either as members or hierarchy....there will always be room for improvement...and for salvation. IMO

Then there's hope for me! biggrin.png

It's just that some people I've met, if it is not directly related to and concerning Jesus we should have nothing to do with it.

@righteousmomma & @Valin!

The rest of your statements depends on what your definition of "The Church" is.

I am a practicing Roman Catholic....as many here know. My use of the Church, however, is "catholic"....as in universal. All faiths associated with belief in Jesus Christ.

Re: @righteousmomma!

Ours is a more silent, touchless and deadly assault. It is called political correctness. It began its stealthy, sneaky attack in the very late 1800s on into the early 1900s . The enemy's name is humanism.

Today's enlightened scientific modus operandi is secularism.

The gods of both are elite intellectuals.

Searching across the 'net' I found something interesting to consider.....related in the way of propaganda....which is at the heart of this thread. Belief is influenced by many things....this was/is one of them:

Via TheFeralIrishman

I am a practicing Roman Catholic

When are you going to stop practicing? tongue.png

Something I've noticed for a while now, Denominations don't quite matter like they did when I was younger.

As Always I reserve my Constitutional Right to be Wrong.

Something I've noticed for a while now, Denominations don't quite matter like they did when I was younger.

@Valin!

Gotta keep practicin' until I'm perfect.........so......may never happen in this iteration of life. Faith being belief in things unseen.....I'll get there with some Divine help.

I've met all types & sizes of religions....and all variations of Christian denominations. I wish them all well on their journey....along with success in their goals. I'll do what I think is right for me.

• Like 1

@Valin!

Gotta keep practicin' until I'm perfect.........so......may never happen in this iteration of life. Faith being belief in things unseen.....I'll get there with some Divine help.

LOL A couple of years ago I met this guy who (proudly) announced he was a practicing homosexual, so I asked when he was going to stop practicing and actually start doing doing it. For for strange reason he didn't see the humor of the question.

Someone has to be the wise a$$ old geezer...and here I am. biggrin.png

• Like 2

@Valin!

Someone has to be the wise a$$ old geezer...and here I am.

Would you allow me to say....out of a deep respect.....that you do it better than most?

@Valin!

Someone has to be the wise a$$ old geezer...and here I am.

Would you allow me to say....out of a deep respect.....that you do it better than most?

I studied the Masters...Don Rickles, Milton Berle. And of course it helps being a sick twisted person.

• Like 2