Coffee Shop

Rheo

The U of M is going to ring a bell today.

Isn't that A. great B. inspiring C. meaningless but will make some people feel real relevant.

3 guesses which is my answer.

More than 300 sites ring bells for MLK speech

WRAL

@Valin I expect you to count them all.

lily_tomlin_telephone_operator.jpg

One Ringy Dingy....

Total is the big day that the MSM, politicians and all have been breathlessly awaiting for weeks.

The 50th anniversary of "The Speech".

I don't ever recall the "anniversary" of a speech ever becoming this kind of event.

I reread it this morning.

The sad thing is.... That those who are celebrating it the most... embrace it's essence the least.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

It appears to me that a proponderance of the "Black Community" view every aspect of their life, every event, and all of those around them through the lens of skin color.

And his message that we should look beyond our differences and be one as God's children is the opposite of what we see.

"... we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Proteslhts and Catholim, will be able to join hands and sing.."

So many now work so hard to create "Diversity" versus "Unity" and build rather than break down barriers of differences.

So all that said... It's very sad that life on the DEM plantation seems to be too comfortable and too hard to leave.

Wouldn't it be great if most would tell the DEM/Liberal machine and the self serving race pimps....

"I'm free at last, Free at last, Great God a-mighty, We are free at last."

The U of M is going to ring a bell today.

Isn't that A. great B. inspiring C. meaningless but will make some people feel real relevant.

3 guesses which is my answer.

My alma mater. blush.png

What Do You Want To Do?

Pray for peace within and accept the inevitable. On occasion, scream out loud.

Let me rephrase the question. What Do You Want Our Political Leaders To Do? (Assuming there is a problem) How Do We Solve It?

How To Disappear When Someone's Spying On You http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2013/08/28/216432961/how-to-disappear-when-someone-s-spying-on-you-privacy-wear-comes-to-market

Whenever your cellphone is on, "They" know where you are, and I mean all the Theys — the spooks, the merchants, the drone pilots, the private detectives, probably even the Chinese. If you want your privacy, says artist/designer , you can go to the back of your phone, pry out the battery and break the connection, but that takes time (and long fingernails). Why should it be so hard to disappear when you want to? It shouldn't, he says. So he's been designing privacy accessories — spaces to hide in.

With his pal, the fabricator , this summer Adam went on Kickstarter to raise money for the newest design, the "OFF Pocket." It's a privacy product, a little cloak of invisibility ...

Scissors-32x32.png

But here's a little problem. There are already real businesses run by serious businessmen who say they know how to protect us from government surveillance, but so far, they don't want to. They fear they might end up helping the Bad Guys.

Guy Cramer runs a Canadian company with a wonderfully ridiculous name, , plus an even better logo, "Shh. We Were Never Here."

But his company is big and very successful. It makes camouflage clothing for hunters ( ) and for many of the world's armies. Last year he caused a stir when he claimed to have built an "" using light-bending optical camouflage that, he said, makes soldiers in the field vanish. London's The Guardian newspaper says only "top brass [officers] have been permitted to see the cloak in action," the reason being, Guy Cramer doesn't want terrorists to figure out how it works.

Scissors-32x32.png

Something nice to see.....in the midst of the rest of the daily crud...

Via iOTW

Ya know that didn't get to me at all, nope no lump in the throat or anything like that.

• Like 1

Not to be outdone...

Woman arrested after spraying baby with soy sauce

What? No wasabi?

And the best of the story is the quote....

The release said the woman had ruined what had undoubtedly been a perfectly delightful afternoon Dim Sum. ohmy.png

"When police contacted the angry woman, she slapped one of them in the arm and was arrested and booked for harassment and assault on an officer, the release said."

I guarantee you the cops were waiting for her to do this. I've in situations like this, you roll up look around and just know someone is going to play the attitude game...then at a minimum someone is going to jail.

Economic Warfare Super Panel - William Scott

This video is a year old but hmmmm----

He who defends everything defends nothing.

Unconquerable Nation

Knowing Our Enemy, Strengthening Ourselves

What we (or at least I) see is a very good reason for aggressive engagement over seas. Here is the thing so many people don't really understand, its a 14 hour flight from Kabul to Knoxville. The world is a small interconnected interdependent place, and is becoming more so every day. I've got a real news for the Paulbots, and the Paleocons, it's not the 18th century, and the 18th century was not the way you imagine it was.

Something nice to see.....in the midst of the rest of the daily crud...

Via iOTW

Wow. That's a tear jerker. I had no idea. Good for Delta.

• Like 2

I received this email yesterday.

I gotta say that ham-handedness of this solicitation surprised me... even with my alreadly low expectations for Bohner and the GOP "machine".

==================

Michael, this can’t be right.

Chairman Walden just emailed me a list of NRCC members for 2013, and I don't see your name.

You've been one of the NRCC’s most loyal supporters in the past so I know this must be a mistake.

It's not too late to join our efforts to create jobs, stop reckless Washington spending, and repeal the President's train wreck of a health care law: nrcc.org/renew.

Please don't wait another moment. Renew your 2013 NRCC membership today with a gift of $45.

And if you renew by tomorrow at midnight I will triple your donation, so your gift of $45 will have an impact of $135.

Thanks,

John Boehner
Speaker of the House

=================

I typed an "appropriate" response... but as I expected, the email robot that sent this out was not received emails.

Its started with, "Hey John... believe what your eyes are telling you!"

Just amazing and so disheartening.

BTW... I wonder whhich pocket John's tripling donation will come from? Might even come from Obama's stash.

• Like 1

I received this email yesterday.

I gotta say that ham-handedness of this solicitation surprised me... even with my alreadly low expectations for Bohner and the GOP "machine".

==================

Michael, this can’t be right.

Chairman Walden just emailed me a list of NRCC members for 2013, and I don't see your name.

You've been one of the NRCC’s most loyal supporters in the past so I know this must be a mistake.

It's not too late to join our efforts to create jobs, stop reckless Washington spending, and repeal the President's train wreck of a health care law: nrcc.org/renew.

Please don't wait another moment. Renew your 2013 NRCC membership today with a gift of $45.

And if you renew by tomorrow at midnight I will triple your donation, so your gift of $45 will have an impact of $135.

Thanks,

John Boehner

Speaker of the House

=================

I typed an "appropriate" response... but as I expected, the email robot that sent this out was not received emails.

Its started with, "Hey John... believe what your eyes are telling you!"

Just amazing and so disheartening.

BTW... I wonder whhich pocket John's tripling donation will come from? Might even come from Obama's stash.

I can't believe that! What hutzpah! Like he's doing any of those things!!!! I'll bet that doesn't bring in much money at all- Most people who are contributors know the ropes and are not like mind numbed Democrats, they know better!!!

• Like 1