Jeb’s Education Racket

Geee

jebs-education-racket-michelle-malkinNational Review:

The resignation of Florida education commissioner Tony Bennett couldn’t have come at a better time. His disgraceful grade-fixing scandal is the perfect symbol of all that’s wrong with the federal education schemes peddled by Bennett and his mentor, former GOP governor Jeb Bush: phony academic standards, crony contracts, and big-government and big-business collusion masquerading as “reform.”

Bennett stepped down Thursday after the Associated Press reported that he had meddled with charter-school accountability ratings in Indiana last fall while serving as that state’s schools superintendent. The beneficiary of his intervention? Big GOP donor and charter-school operator Christel DeHaan, who has forked over nearly $3 million to Republicans (including $130,000 to Bennett).

DeHaan’s Christel House Academy charter school magically went from a “C” rating to an “A” rating despite failing tenth-grade math scores. An abysmal 33 percent of the school’s tenth-grade Algebra I students passed. Note: The school uses the widely panned elementary-level Everyday Math curriculum (which I’ve exposed in previous columns) and a newfangled secondary program called the Carnegie Learning Math Series, whose website prominently brags that its “courses were developed to align to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.” More on that in a moment.Scissors-32x32.png

Jeb is the DNC's dream candidate for 2016.

That is if they can't have McCain run again.

Well I hope they are prepared to be disappointed. He's not going to be the candidate.

@Geee

Now back On Topic

Hugh Hewitt has been covering this (Common Core) this week.

Transcripts

Jeb Bush on the Common Core

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Senator Marco Rubio on Defunding Obamacare, Aid to Egypt, and the Common Core

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bill Bennett on the Common Core

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Washington Posts Jay Mathews on the Common Core

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Now back On Topic

@Valin

It's comments like this that do you no service.

What is the topic of the Thread? Common Core (and the problems many myself included have with it) not if Jeb Bush will or will not be the GOP candidate for President in 2016. The problem is, the DoE and the federal bureaucracy will/are going to stick there nose into this, because we poor beneighted fools don't know what is good for us so they have to lead us into the promised land. Seen this movie before, and know how it ends....and its not a good place.

BTW I've got a twenty dollar bill that says Jeb Bush won't be the candidate. He might be a fine candidate & President, but ain't gonna happen.

Personally I'm not spending a whole lot of time thinking/worrying about 2016, let's deal with 2014 first.

Jeb is the DNC's dream candidate for 2016.

That is if they can't have McCain run again.

A dream ticket

McCain and Jeb Bush

smile.png

Edit: do I need sarcasm tag, @NCTexan ?