Record 8.9 Million Workers Now on Disability Benefits

Geee

073013-665681-nearly-9-million-workers-now-on-disability.htmInvestors Business Daily:

More than 76,000 workers went on the federal government's disability program in July, according to the latest data from the Social Security administration, bringing the total number of new enrollees this year to 534,038.

Although that is down somewhat from the same month last year, enrollment in the Social Security Disability Insurance program remains sharply higher than it has been historically. Since 2009, an average of about 1 million workers have gone on SSDI annually — a 31% increase from the average enrollment over the previous 10 years.

As a result, a record 8.9 million workers are now collecting disability benefits, which is up 15% since the recovery officially started in mid-2009.

Today, there are fewer than 13 Americans working in private sector jobs for each worker on disability. That's down from 31 workers per disabled in 1990.

At the same time, the SSDI program is heading rapidly toward insolvency. At current spending and income rates, the program's trust fund will become insolvent by 2016 — less than 2-1/2 years from now.Scissors-32x32.png

Crap, my mouse hand just went out scrolling here. Can I get me some disability?

Of course you can along with a free phone

• Like 1

Just follow the money and the attorneys. One of their latest commercials the last two years is to call them if you've been turned down for your disability claim. So call them with your free phone @clearvisionwink.png

clearvision

I can't quite work the keys with my newly damaged wrist... I think I need 75K disability to hire some one to handle the cell phone disability for me.

I can't quite work the keys with my newly damaged wrist... I think I need 75K disability to hire some one to handle the cell phone disability for me.

Just to ease your mind, the attorneys that get your disability throw in the cell phone and food stamps, wouldn't want you to have to do tht yourself.

clearvision

Just to ease your mind, the attorneys that get your disability throw in the cell phone and food stamps, wouldn't want you to have to do tht yourself.

FOOD stamps... If I can't have WINE stamps I don't want them.... Oh wait... I think I can work a deal on the food stamps for wine....

• Like 1