A Trayvon For New Orleans?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

a-trayvon-for-new-orleans:
A Trayvon For New Orleans

By

That’s what some are saying about the case of a white homeowner who shot and severely injured a 14-year-old black kid who had climbed the fence and was messing around his yard at two in the morning. Excerpts from the Times-Picayune story:

Police said the teen was near Landry’s vehicle when he was shot about 2 a.m. Landry’s friends said the vehicle was in the driveway behind a gate just a few feet from the house’s backdoor.

According to an NOPD arrest warrant, Landry shot Coulter from 30 feet away, evidenced by the distance between the blood found on the ground and the single bullet casing outside Landry’s house in the 700 block of Mandeville Street.

Landry told police that he approached the boy from his front yard, near his vehicle. As he grew closer, he said, the boy made a “move, as if to reach for something” — possibly a weapon — so Landry shot him, the warrant states.

NOPD Detective Nicholas Williams spoke with an unidentified witness who gave an account that differed from Landry’s, though the detective did not specify how. Williams wrote in the warrant that Coulter was not trying to enter Landry’s house and did not pose an “imminent threat” to Landry. Scissors-32x32.png

Woops need to forward this to Jackson / Brother Al ohmy.png

Draggingtree
Racial Profiling & Community Order

By Rod DreherJuly 30, 2013, 10:13 AM

I’m going to be away from the keys for much of this morning, so here’s a little something to fire you up.

This bit jumped out at me the other day from the Times-Picayune report about the New Orleans homeowner who shot and gravely wounded the 14-year-old thief he encountered in his backyard at two a.m.:

Earlier in the evening, a different neighbor said the teen in the blue tank top had been biking around the area around 8 p.m. and the neighbor believed he was looking at different houses.

“I thought about calling the cops, but the last thing I want to do is racially profile a little kid who’s just biking,” said the neighbor, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The neighbor and Landry are white; the two teens are black.

A surveillance video showed that the two teens were, in fact, casing houses, and one of them stood guard in the street while the other climbed the fence into the homeowner’s backyard, where he was shot. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/racial-profiling-community-order/

Draggingtree

Who was Antonio West?

Justice for all?

998822_10151685308194178_1587627860_n.jp

Hello. Don't recognize me? That’s OK; I understand.

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range

by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot.

I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.

A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick, Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me

will not face the death penalty... too bad it was I who got the death sentence from my killers instead,

because Mommy didn't have the money they demanded.
See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn't

ruled a ‘hate crime’ .

Oh, and President Obama didn't take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn't have any

children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care?
I'm one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn't care to cover the

story of my being killed in cold blood.
There isn't a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no

one’s rushing to Brunswick, Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’

party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.

I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in

my stroller - I no longer have my life. Isn't this a great country?

So while you're out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends

about me, tell you families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like

you did for Trayvon.

I won't hold my breath.

I don't have to anymore.