Ethics committee extends Michele Bachmann probe

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
US_ETHICS_BACHMANN?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-26-17-25-58AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Allegations surrounding Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann and her brief presidential campaign are getting further examination from the House Ethics Committee.

The panel said in a brief statement Friday it is extending until at least September a review of Bachmann's case, which was referred to it by the Office of Congressional Ethics, an independent investigative body. The panel said it would announce any further action by Sept. 11.

The committee announced similar extensions of OCE investigations for three other members of Congress: Reps. Tim Bishop, D-N.Y., Pete Roskam, R-Ill., and John Tierney, D-Mass. The panel said it would announce further action on those cases, too, in September.

William McGinley, a lawyer for Bachmann, acknowledged the OCE investigation in March, saying it was tied to her presidential bid and that the tea party favorite was cooperating with the investigation. Bachmann has denied any wrongdoing but announced in May she would not seek re-election.

In a statement Friday, McGinley said the committee's extension was routine and expressed confidence that Bachmann will be vindicated.

"Today's statement by the House Ethics Committee emphasizes that its customary 45-day extension does not `indicate that any violation has occurred, or reflect any judgment on behalf of the Committee,'" McGinley said. "It does not speak to the merits of this matter, and any inference to the contrary is false."

________

I'd sooner trust Bachmann than those investigating her...

@WestVirginaRebel

Couple of quick thoughts

I've been following Michele for...20 years(?) I really do like her....but she is and has been for a very long time something of a loose cannon, she has a tendency to head off on strange tangents and shoot herself in the foot. Also she has a history of having problems hiring and keeping good staffers (For me this says a great deal that is not necessarily a Good Thing).

The committee announced similar extensions of OCE investigations for three other members of Congress: Reps. Tim Bishop, D-N.Y., Pete Roskam, R-Ill., and John Tierney, D-Mass.

Given how complicated the federal election laws are I am surprised that there are not more people on this list.

The usual suspects here in the Peoples Republic are having a field day over this, because evidently Michele Bachmann is really Adolf Hitler in panty hose. ohmy.png Who Knew!