The Consultants Who Brought Us President Romney & The GOP Senate Majority Oppose Obamacare Defunding

Geee

the-consultants-who-brought-us-president-romney-the-gop-senate-majority-oppose-obamacare-defundingRedState:

Polling suggests Republicans drawing a line in the sand over Obamacare funding in the continuing resolution would be unpopular with the American public. Instead of trying to find a way to convince the American public this is the right thing to do, the Republican consultant class wants to run rapidly away from the idea.

They have convinced Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker John Boehner that the GOP must not allow the Democrats to shut down the government by the GOP refusing to fund Obamacare.

It is important to note that the same Republican consultants who oppose a strategy of refusing to defund Obamacare are the very same Republican consultants who worked for years to sell the American public President Romney and worked tireless for the present Senate Republican Majority.

Oh . . . wait.Scissors-32x32.png

I just report - you decide:lol:

They? Who are They?

In the last year I have become very...disappointed in the quality and tone of Eric's writing. He may not be a 100%er, but he's headed that way.

Draggingtree
The Ephialtes Establishment in the Republican Party

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | July 26th, 2013 at 04:30 AM |

I can see how the GOP loses in November of 2014. The establishment and base have moved so far apart the base is about ready to go third party or sit at home. If the GOP does not make a stand against Obamacare, they will not see the energy they need to effectively compete in 2014.

Let me explain what is happening and what will happen.

Karl Rove’s Crossroads group commissioned a poll by North Star Opinion Research. The poll found most Americans do not want the GOP to block “health care reform.” That’s right, Crossroads repeatedly called Obamacare “the healthcare reform law” and was shocked to find people oppose stopping reform. Go figure.

Scissors-32x32.png

These men are about power, not principle. They’ve chosen to let polls lead them instead of leading people. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2013/07/26/the-ephialtes-establishment-in-the-republican-party/

Draggingtree
Karl Rove

By: plumely (Diary) | July 26th, 2013 at 05:38 PM |

I hate to write diaries like these. I would love to save my vinegar and vitriol for the Democrats and libs. But I continue to be appalled at the lengths Rove and the Establishement RNC will go to alienate us. I am referring to Erick’s post about the Crossroads poll about Obamacare. It is quite clear this was not an objective measure and definately not a sincere effort on his part to glean information. My gut, and this is just my gut talking is that he went fishing for the results he wanted– but why? Why would these people want to squander an opportunity to crush one of the most oppressive initiatives in our history? Would he want obamacare for himself or the canidates he keeps shoving down our throats?Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/plumely/2013/07/26/karl-rove/

Karl Rove

By: plumely (Diary) | July 26th, 2013 at 05:38 PM |

I hate to write diaries like these.

Somehow I doubt that very much.

Now I have not spent a great deal of time looking into this story. so far what i have seen is "Sources say" "We have heard"...No names...I find this passing strange.

what I see in this (yet one more circular firing squade) is two sides each talking about different things. One side is talking Politics, and the other is talking Ideology.

Draggingtree
It’s difficult to be a Republican right now

By: ipolitics (Diary) | July 27th, 2013 at 02:01 PM |

Erick Erickson stole most of my thunder with his post here but I’m going to post this anyway, because I worked hard on it. So there.

What a frustrating time to be a Republican.

As I understand it (and I could be wrong here) there used to be two distinct flavors of “Republicans” – there was the “social conservative,” who was primarily concerned with social issues like church, crime, immigration and the like. There was also the “fiscal conservative” who was primarily concerned that the government (usually the Federal government) was getting too big and taking too much of our money. Ronald Regan brought them together in the banner year of 1980, forming the modern Republican coalition.

Now, there’s another fracture developing – at least according to Politico’s article “GOP Hawks: This will not stand, Rand”

The fracture seems to be between “libertarian Republicans” who want the government to get out of our lives, to the greatest practical extent, and the “establishment Republicans” who don’t see anything wrong with big government as long as they’re running it (and getting a cut of the proceeds.) Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/ipolitics/2013/07/27/its-difficult-to-be-a-republican-right-now/