Race relations have plummeted since Obama took office, according to poll

Geee

race-relations-have-plummeted-since-obama-took-office-according-to-pollDaily Caller:

Public attitudes about race relations have plummeted since the historic election of President Barack Obama, according to a new poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal.

Only 52 percent of whites and 38 percent of blacks have a favorable opinion of race relations in the country, according to the poll, which has tracked race relations since 1994 and was conducted in mid-July by Hart Research Associations and Public Opinion Strategies.

That’s a sharp drop from the beginning of Obama’s first term, when 79 percent of whites and 63 percent of blacks held a favorable view of American race relations.

Ads by Google

Negative views on race relations have also increased substantially. According to the poll [pdf], 45 percent of whites and 58 percent African-Americans now believe race relations are very or fairly bad, compared with 2009, when only 20 percent of whites and 30 percent of blacks held an unfavorable view.Scissors-32x32.png

In my sphere of people that I see , I have to say that I think it is true that race relations have gotten worse. People that I have never known to ever be racist. I think it is the same reason that there is a larger schism between left and right. This President does not present himself as a President of all the people. He is extremely prejudiced himself. Left over right, black over white. I would greatly have liked this to have been the first President who is Black and not the first Black President. It is also a real shame that he is such a big big failure. The real break through would have been an extremely successful President of all the people. That would have been the break through in a color blind society. This is why, especially being a woman, I would rather not see a liberal token woman President as the first woman President. I would rather see the ceiling broken with a extremely qualified, successful, intelligent woman - in other words - NOT HILLARY!!!!!

• Like 1

Race Relations Much Worse Thanks To Obama And Holder

Division: A not-so-funny thing happened on the way to post-racial America. Under our first black president and "Great Uniter," polling shows a serious worsening of race relations.

Remember Los Angeles-based street artist Shepard Fairey's famous red, beige and blue Obama "Hope" poster for the 2008 campaign? In the heady days of early 2009, the New Yorker magazine's art critic declared that Fairey had "created the most efficacious American political illustration since 'Uncle Sam Wants You.'"

The week before that grandiose pronouncement, the then-new attorney general of the U.S., Eric Holder, made his own grandiose remark: "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been, and we, I believe, continue to be, in too many ways a nation of cowards."

Holder vowed back then that his Justice Department "must and will leave the nation to the 'new birth of freedom'" promised by Abe Lincoln. But what has happened in the 4-1/2 years of Obama and Holder since then? Race relations have gone into a free fall.Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/072513-665198-obama-and-holder-responsible-for-worsened-race-relations.htm

How Obama Poisoned Race Relations in America

A new poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal reveals that public perceptions about race relations in America have taken a devastating hit since the election of Barack Obama. At the beginning of the president’s first term, 79 percent of whites and 63 percent of blacks had a positive view of American race relations. Those numbers have plummeted to 52 percent and 38 percent, respectively. Meanwhile, 45 percent of whites now consider race relations fairly or very bad, compared with 20 percent in 2009, and the negative views held by black Americans has jumped from 30 percent to 58 percent. Thus, the idea that the election of Barack Obama would usher in a golden age of so-called post-racial relations has exploded. And the president and his administration bear the lion’s share of the responsibility for lighting the fuse.

The poll, conducted in mid-July by Hart Research Associations and Public Opinion Strategies, has tracked Americans’ attitudes about race since 1994. And despite only a single poll question regarding the Zimmerman trial, which asked whether the outcome increased, decreased, or didn’t affect one’s confidence in the legal system, the steepest decline in positive views, and greatest increase in negative views, occurred in the last two years. That the timeframe largely coincides with the Trayvon Martin shooting controversy is likely no coincidence.Scissors-32x32.png

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/arnold-ahlert/how-obama-poisoned-race-relations-in-america/

• 2 weeks later...
Draggingtree

August 3, 2013

by Fred DeRuvo

According to Some Blacks (and Critical Race Theory), Blacks Cannot Be Racists…Who Knew?

I recently wrote an article here on Freedom Outpost called “Obama – Divider-in-Chief – Says Race Relations May Worsen if He Doesn’t Get What He WantsScissors-32x32.png

The comments contain the usual back and forth and at times, unkind attacks. However, what I found to be most fascinating is what some people offer as incontrovertible fact. One individual made sweeping generalizations that can best be described as sound bites from the “Critical Race Theory” promulgated years ago by Derrick Bell.

CRT gives blacks permission to believe in something that provides a plausible-sounding reason for what they see in society. Because it is believed that racism is truly “engrained in the fabric and system of the American society,” it stands to reason that it must be fought against. A militant response is expected by many within the black culture of America toward this “engrained” racism.

This response did not matter to the resident CRT expert who replied this way:Scissors-32x32.png

“Your family may not have owned slaves but they most likely did not challenge the mistreatment of nonwhites and most likely went along with the treatment of nonwhites as subhuman during Jim Crow and thereafter. So shut up about that. Blacks are where they are today due to the system of white supremacy racism Scissors-32x32.png

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/according-to-some-blacks-and-critical-race-theory-derrick-bell-blacks-cannot-be-racists-who-knew/