Rand Paul to Mike Enzi: ‘I’ll do anything I can’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
rand-paul-mike-enzi-wyoming-senate-94382.htmlPolitico:

Rand Paul is formally endorsing Sen. Mike Enzi as he faces Liz Cheney in a Wyoming GOP primary next year, Paul told POLITICO in an interview Wednesday.

“I’ve told him I’ll do anything I can to help him,” the Kentucky GOP senator said. “In fact, somebody asked me today if they could use my name, and I said I’d be happy to sign on and do a fundraiser for him.”

Paul said he isn’t sure why Cheney decided to challenge Enzi, but said she might end up picking up some grudges for doing so.

“I don’t think it probably will be helpful in the long run. I’m pretty sure Senator Enzi will be able to hold off against any primary challenge,” Paul said. “In doing so there will be some people that won’t be so happy with the primary challenge, that might bear grudges.”

Cheney, 46, is the daughter of former vice president Dick Cheney and launched her campaign Tuesday with a video calling for a “new generation of leaders to step up to the plate.”

Although she has deep pockets, her lack of deep roots in the state might hurt her. Cheney spent time in Wyoming as a child, but hasn’t spent much time there since. She moved her family from Virginia to Jackson Hole last year. Paul said it will be difficult for “someone new” to the state to create the same type of deep personal relationship Enzi has.

________

The anti-establishment versus the anti-establishment?