Jimmy Carter: ‘America no longer has a functioning democracy’

Geee

jimmy-carter-america-no-longer-has-a-functioning-democracyDaily Caller:

Former president Jimmy Carter condemned the effect U.S. intelligence programs had on U.S. moral authority in the wake of NSA revelations brought to light by leaker Edward Snowden, Der Spiegel reports.

“America has no functioning democracy,” Carter said at a meeting of The Atlantic Bridge in Atlanta, Georgia on Tuesday.

Carter also claimed there was currently no reason for him to be “optimistic” about Egypt’s internal conflicts and mused whether the standards The Carter Center applies to foreign elections could be fulfilled by U.S. elections, which he believes are plagued by confusing campaign rules and a lack of restrictions on free speech in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

The problem is that we do - the majority of new school takers is exceeding the old school makers and the new school is doing well, thank you.

@Geee @Pepper

I have not read this. Could someone please explain to me (small words only please) why I am supposed to give a flying rats ass about what this clown has to say about Anything?

• Like 1