Here’s Obama’s ‘Smart’ Government at Work

Geee

070913-663050-obama-fails-to-deliver-tech-savvy-government-webhed-heres-obamas-smart-government-at-work.htmInvestors Business Daily:

ObamaCare: The president brags about how he's bringing smart, 21st century technology to government. But the news surrounding that talk provides a showcase for how inept his administration is when it comes to IT.

'We've made huge swaths of your government more efficient and more transparent, and more accountable than ever before," President Obama claimed Monday.

But the very next day, AP reported that a "computer system problem" has caused his administration to delay yet another piece of ObamaCare for at least a year.

The delay stems from a conflict between the law's premium penalties for smokers and its restrictions on insurance rates. While ObamaCare forbids insurance companies from adjusting rates based on health status, it does let insurers impose a significant premium penalty on smokers.

At the same time, the law forbids insurance companies from charging older people more than three times what they charge younger people. The problem is that the premiums for an older smoker can end up more than three times that of a young smoker once you include the penalties.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

If I read this will my head hurt? I ask because my life is already soooo rich and full.

But aren't you shocked?

@Geee

If I read this will my head hurt? I ask because my life is already soooo rich and full.

But aren't you shocked?

Always. Being so young and naive.