Another Obama Comrade

Geee

another_obama_comrade.htmlAmerican Thinker:

While doing my usual survey of People's World, Communist Party USA's (CPUSA) successor publication to the Daily Worker, a particular headline caught my eye, "Beatrice Lumpkin's extraordinary book about her extraordinary life."

Given my research in this area, "Lumpkin" rang a bell -- for reasons I need not elaborate upon here. Suffice to say, Beatrice Lumpkin is still with us, an old communist (literally) at age 94 -- and today in the tank for Barack Obama. Her life and relationship with our president is illuminating.

For the record, People's World doesn't mention Lumpkin's relationship with Obama. That isn't surprising. I find that the writers and editors there seem to hold back in hailing Obama too openly and glowingly, knowing how conservatives might use the information. They have been guarded in their encomiums for our president. This article was no exception. For details on Lumpkin's relationship with Obama, you need to check out her book, as I have and discuss below. But first, consider what People's World has to say about Lumpkin:

The CPUSA organ began its profile by reminiscing back to a golden moment in 1934 at New York's Hunter College, Miss Lumpkin's alma mater. The "fascists" in the college administration had dared to hike the price of milk in the cafeteria from five cents to six cents. This staggering blow to the "working-class students" was too much for comrade Lumpkin, who mounted the pulpit and led the student proletariat in a milk boycott.Scissors-32x32.png